boom

[Mitch and Willy being best brothers....]

[Non-Apoc AU <obvi>, still kinda in writer's block so I apologize for this oneshot already.]

[A/N: UNDERATED CHARACTERS DESERVE LOVE TOO AND I ACTUALLY LIKED MITCH!]

"School's out, bombs out," Willy spoke as he hopped into my car.

"I don't think that's the phrase, lil bro," I laughed as I started over the engine. Willy was like the little brother I never had. My family adopted him when he was just a baby but ever since then, he's been by my side through everything. He was my little brother.

Nothing feels as good as the summer breeze down your neck as you sip on icy cold slurpees from your local corner store, sitting in your backyard tree as your brother plays with the family rottweiler pup, Jack. Jack licked his paws as Willy dripped blue raspberry flavored ice, before scampering off to his dog house.

"I wish these days could just last forever," I sighed as I laid in the tree.
"I don't wanna leave."

"I don't want you to leave either," he sighed as he climbed up the tree.
"Why you? Why did you have to leave?" I looked at him with teary eyes as he traced the bark of the tree.

"It was either military school or prison," I sighed as I looked at my phone.
"We still got a few hours until I get sworn in. Let's make the most of it. Cmon." I hopped out of the tree.
"I won't be gone forever."

"4 years sure as hell feels like forever," Willy huffed as he climbed onto my shoulders.
"What am I gonna do without my big bro around?"

"Maybe be a good student?"

Willy burst into laughter.
"Oh, you were being serious." I rolled my eyes as I carried him to my truck.

"I'll be fine man. Just promise you won't cause too much chaos while I'm gone?"

Willy huffed and crossed his arms.
"No."

"Good boy, now lets go have fun." I sat him in the passenger seat as I climbed in the other side.
"We gotta create one last memorable explosion before I get shipped away to Camp Sargent-Asshole Island."

"Well," Willy reached into his pocket and handed me a torn notebook page with scribbling all over it.
"Was gonna save it for the new year but...," his voice trailed off. It was perfect. The explosion to end all explosions.

"Willy Junior," I read the name aloud. I looked at Willy.
"We are gonna need alot of gunpowder."
_______________________________________

Home Deco [off-brand Home Depot? Yes. Why? Technicality and legalness, moreorless.] was the home of all things neccessary or desired for both home designers and creaters alike. But also, explosion lovers.

"Hey Mark," I greeted him.
"Got anything new?" He reached behind the counter to reveal a 500 pc count of barely legal fireworks.

"Just came in today. Only sent one, which was weird but ya know I just had to nab it for my bro."

"Sweet man. How much?"

"For you and your little bro, $350 out the door. No questions asked." I looked at Willy who handed me a 50.

"This is gonna be awesome, Mitch!" I paid the rest with my credit card and went browsing some more. Duct tape, plumbing tubes, spray paint, candles, gasoline, ya know. Usual shit. After wasting my college savings away on materials, Willy thought it would be a grand idea to invite the old Erickson gang over for one last party.

"Louis, if you start singing," I muttered as I gripped the steering wheel tighter. The dreadhead fellow cleared his throat as Violet rolled her eyes and put on her Beats headphones. Clementine plugged her ears and Aasim was in the trunk, debating on whether or not suffocation would be better than this hell. Ruby was the only one who didn't mind or at least, express it. Marlon held his water gun to his head as Brody begged Louis to shut up.

"Fine. You guys are no fun," Louis groaned in annoyance. Everyone in the car sighed a sigh of relief all at once.

"I'll be glad when I'm finally 10,000 miles away from your singing," I sighed.

"You better not forget about us," Violet joked.

"After Louis's horrendous singing, I don't think I could even if I wanted to." Everyone burst into laughter, besides Louis.
"Lighten up mate. The next time you'll see me is in 4 years. I'll have a fuckin beard!"

"Ew, please no," Clementine shuttered at the thought.

"Cmon, Willy. Couldn't ya big bro rock a beard?"

Without missing a beat, he looked up at me and said
"HELL NO."

"A mustache?" Willy shooked his head no.

"Mitch, buddy," Louis smirked.
"If you show up lookin like my redneck uncle Phil-"

"I'LL LOOK GOOD WITH FACIAL HAIR," i loudly exclaimed as I pulled into my driveway.

"Yeah. And I'll be straight," Violet yawned as she stepped out of the car.
"So how is this shit finna work? Bbq and explosions?!"

"Yes," Willy smiled.
"Bbq sauce on my titties and explosions-"

"No," Clementime looked at me with concern.
"No bbq tits."

"Awe, why not," Violet sighed. I facepalmed so hard, I think I have a concussion.

"Why don't we just start getting shit set up," I began to unpack the truck.

"I don't think you'll be doing anything," I turned around to be surrounded by army men, armed to the teeth with assault weapons and kevlar.
"Mitch Davison, you are under arrest."

"For what? He's innocent!," Willy cried out.

"Attempting to make homemade explosives within close proximity to a church counts as domestic terriorism and as a hate crime-"

"St. Launders is 3 blocks away and we are making fireworks," I explained.
"I'm fuckin innoccent!"

"Shoot him," the commanding officer spoke.
"He will kill people."

"CUT!" I groan in distress as I dropped character.

"Whoever's writing these scenes needs to be fired," Willy sighed as he chugged a can of Cola.
"Movie theater business is hard."

"You know what else is hard? The will to continue this shitty ass movie!"

Clementine and Violet sat next to us.

"How much longer," Violet whinned.

"Maybe a week. Probably more. I'm sick of this movie as much as you but Louis's father said he'd pay us handsomely for this shitty ass film.

"Money cannot fix how fucking dumb and pointless this movie is! It makes no fuckin sense," Clementine loudly groaned.
"How much is it anyways?"

"What number has 12 zeros," Willy asked as he looked at the director's clipboard.

"Take Two," Violet sprang to her feet and headed for the dressing room.

"Hey Mitch," Willy spoke as I begun to walk to my trailer.
"I love you. Whether you're famous ot not."

"I love you too, Willy Dilly."

"Fuck off with the nickname. I'm going to find somerhing explosive to give rhis movie a BOOMING rating!"

[A/N: Thanks for 18k reads :) i kinda have writer's block and feel really unmotivated but I felt the need to post anyways.]