you're the reason I believe in ghosts

[Non Apoc: Violet passed away due to complications after a car accident and Louis has the hardest time coping with her loss...]

You are the one I miss the most,
You're the reason I believe in ghosts.

Lighting up another cigarrette, I sit out on my front porch as the thunderstorm begins off in the near distance. Inhailing fantasy, exhailing reality, my lungs won't forgive me and I'm okay with that. People say I should stop mouring you, that three weeks have passed and I should move on or see someone to talk about this with. They don't understand what's like to lose someone who meant everything and more to you. God, it should've been me in that casket. It should've been me in that car when the drunk guy crashed into you head on. It should be me as a ghost and not you! I've reread our messages at least fourteen times by now, wishing you were still her so these memories actually felt real. Real enough for me to remember and not believe it was just an intoxicating night. I remember when we were at the fucking boarding school and you cut off my dreads in my sleep. Never understood why you did that. I remember helping you ask out Minerva to prom and your joyous smile when she said "yes." I remember graduating with you and you came late to the graduation, wearing a bath robe instead of your cap and gown. I remember you helping me through depression when Clem broke up with me. I remember all our memories, I just wish we could've created so much more. I grabbed a box of your faborite cigarrettes and lit one up. I was never a drinker nor smoker, yet you were. I guess I picked up on your bad habits. Anything to keep me from losing any rememberance of you.

Clementine visited your grave every night alongside me. And every night I cry myself to sleep wishing you were still around. I told myself I wasn't gonna cry...but....

"Fuck," I mumbled as I let my emotions get the best of me. I inhailed the deadly chemicals once more as the thunderstorm began to brew.
"I really miss you, Vi. It should've been me. Why did I survive the crash and not you?" My eyes fixated to my bionic leg as I remember the tragic accident. I remember seeing her choke on her own blood as the impact crushed her ribs and tore into her lungs. I remember seeing her smiled at me one last time before she took her final breath. I remember her last words to me were "I'll be alright, Lou."

"I'll be alright, Lou."
I saw her crack a smile at me as she spat up blood and coughed. I managed to free her from the car wreck, holding her in my arms she grabbed my jacket collar for dear life. And soon, her touch soften and she slipped away from this world, as I held her. She slipped away from me and there was nothing I could've done. I sat there, unable to move, crying so hard, I puked whatever bile laid in my stomach. The physical pain of my injuries could never amount to the emotional pain I felt. The ambulance soundes in the distance as everything became a blur....

"Hey, Lou," Clementine spoke as she sat next to me.
"You holding up alright?"

I shook my head "no" before returning to my flammable cancer stick.
"No matter how drunk or high I get, nothing will ease the pain of this."

"Marlon...he wanted to give you this," she handed me a large box with a card ontop.
"I'm sorry, Louis. I'll be inside with the others."

Opening the box, I saw Violet's vest, still covered in her blood. I quickly put the lid on the box as I began to shake. Violet's....vest....
I took a deep breath and opened the box again. I grabbed her bloodied vest and held it up. Coppery red soaked into the blue demin as her pins on it began to fade away. Beneath the vest laid a note.

To Louis,
If you're reading this, i'm somewhere better. Whether i finally did the deed or i died of some natural bullshit, just know i'm finally somewhere much better. Im not in pain. Im not depressed. I wanted you to have my most prized possession, my vest. Brody called dibs on my dog. Anyways, I miss you dude. Someday we'll be together again. Until then, stay strong. For me. Not for Clem, not for Marlon, for me. I need you down there on Earth for me. To remember me, to keep my presence alive. I know shit's tough. But you gotta move on man. Im not here physically but ill always be in your heart and memories. Take care, Lou
-the one and only, Violet

As I looked from the note, I saw Violet standing infront of me. She had on a white sweatshirt and white pants and white Converse. She waved at me before sitting besides me.

"I'm guessing you read the letter," she spoke softly.

"You're dead. How are you here," I spoke in disbelief.

"Afterlife my dude," she sighed as she looked at her jacket.
"I miss wearing that but it's in better hands now."

"I really miss you Vi."

"I'll be back Lou. The perks of being a ghost." She stood up and began to fade away.
"I'll be back."

"Louis, you alright?," Marlon spoke as he came outside.
"Heard you talking."

I looked at the sky and then back at Marlon.
"I'll be alright." I folded Vi's vest and set it back into the box with her letter.
"I'll be inside in a bit." He nodded and entered the house once more.
"See you soon, Vi."

[A/N: Louis and Violet's friendship is something I adore. Anyways thanks for 14k im going thru some shit so im trying to update but...ya know. Um...yeah...xoxo -chantel]