danger days

[Criminal AU: Sophie and Brody are doctor and nurse by day, theifing criminal masterminds and murderers by night. And potheads in between.]

[12:35 pm.]

Machines beeping.
Blood pumping.
Oxygen tanks being exchanged.
Nerves shot.
Two hands wrist deep in blood and organs.
Two more hands helping me through everything in and out of the hospital.
I was the head doctor. Been doing this for 8 years now. Never lost a patient.....

"I need 20 ccs of AB negative," Sophie ordered. Brody nodded and handed a pint of blood to Sophie.
"We aren't losing you," she grabbed a scapel and began to slowly cut away at the damaged lung tissue.

"Her heart rate's stabiliting, sufficient oxygen flow to the brain, looking good."

"Just stitching up the lung right now. Give me 5 more minutes of-"

Suddenly, the monitor started to screetch as the patient began to flatline.

"CPR, 30 PUMPS STAT," Brody commanded Sophie as she rushed out of the operating room to get more help.

"Okay," Sophie began to push on the patient's chest, doing rounds after rounds until Brody returned with 3 more doctors and a defibrulator.
The male doctor used the defibrulator 6 times before it was unanimous a life was lost today. Hanging her head low in shame, Brody begun to clean up the blood from around the operating table as Sophie collected equipment.

"You did your best, babe," Sophie finally spoke.

"My best wasn't enough. She's dead," Brody monotonedly replied as she looked back at the bloodied empty operating table.
"I'm a failure of a doctor."

"There was a 75 percent chance she was gonna die with this surgery anyways. Everyone knew the risks and she wanted to at least try something besides chemo-"

"Can....we just clean up and go? The metallic smell of her blood is gonna haunt me."

"Wanna go home and cuddle and watch hulu?"

"Please," Brody's voice cracked as tears fell from her eyes. Sophie pulled Brody into a long, loving hug as she rested her chin ontop of her head.
"The best part of having a tall wife is the hugs. Definetely the hugs." Sophie smiled as she held her wife closer, wanting to comfort her like no other.

[4:00 pm.]

"These edibles ain't doing shit, Brody," Sophie grumbled as she ate another of the THC infused chocolate chip cookies. After a long stressful day of medicine, it's always nice to unwind and relax with Mary Jane and her buds.

"You say that now but in 20 minutes you'll be off ya shit," Brody smirked as she took a huge hit from her wax pen. Sophie rolled her eyes and sat back down besides her lover on their couch as CatDog played on their television.

"Edibles don't do shit."

"These have 250 mg of THC in them, EACH," I replied as I hit the pen again.
"These will have you stoned as a rock."

"Sure. Whatever. I'm getting another one, you want one?"

"Not right now, my head's buzzing."

"Whimp," Sophie scoffed as she ate 2 more cookies.
"These are so good though."

"I give it 20 minutes before ya ass is off your shit."

[4:20 pm.]

"BRO, THE FUCK," Sophie yelled from the bathroom.
"BABEEEEE!!!"

"What," Brody yelled back while eating chips.
"I'm fuckin busy," she turned up the volume on the tv.

"I'M FUCKIN LOST, I THINK. wait. I DON'T KNOW!!!" Brody laughed as she dusted off the chip crumbs from herself to greet her lover in a bathing suit, sitting in the shower while it's running.
"Babe, I'm high."