falling

And you keep on
falling,
baby,
figure it
out
Just drive
Slow,
Straightforward,
Or I'm walking
Around
_______________________________________

"Cut that shit out," Violet mumbled as the alarm clock sounded off. Rubbing the mucus from my eyelids, I grabbed the clock and yanked its power cord off from the wall.
"Thank you," the blonde yawned as she turned over towards me, grasping onto my arm like the baby she is.

A few hours pass as sunlight crept into our room from behind the curtains, shinning annoyingly bright onto my eyes. Grabbing my phone, I looked at the time.

"VI," I panicked and rushed towards the closet to throw on a black lacey dress. The blonde groaned and pulled the covers over her head.
"VI, TODAY'S THE DAY!"

She sat up and stared blankely at me for a moment.

"What?"

I huffed. "Today's the day. THE day." Violet gulped as she threw on her lavender tuxedo.

"I have a bad feeling about this," the blonde yawned as she laced up her purple vans.
"Why did this even happen?! Are you driving?! Has Louis seen you driving?!"

"No, but that's besides the point. It'll be fine, love." I brushed my teeth and grabbed my dufflebag.
"I know how to drive."

"Is taking an Uber an option-"

"VI!"
_______________________________________

"It's 2:10," Violet looked at her watch as we arrived to Louis' mansion.

"We still got 50 minutes, Atlanta Medical Facility is not that far," I sighed as I laid my head on the steering wheel.

"Hey, it's okay Clem." Her words did little to comfort me as Louis ran towards the car, a bundle of flowers in his hands as he struggled with tying his tie.

"Are we late," the dreadhead quickly spoke as he hopped into the passenger's seat.

"If we leave now, we will barely make it," Violet held her phone in her hands, trembling.
"We can't miss this!"

I clutched the steering wheel tightly.
"And we won't." I moved the gear shift to "D" and sped off down the oneway street as my tires burned rubber against the concrete roadways.

"2:49," Violet yelled as the wind ripped at her hair, violently pushing it in every direction.

"We'll make it!," I reassured. I looked down at the spedometer now reaching "125 mph".
"There's not a car in sight-"

"CLEM," Louis screamed as tires squealed against concrete and metal crushing into metal became loudly audible.

"F...fucking.....fuck....."
_______________________________________
'Cuz everything you do you is screaming
"More drugs"
It's kinda sad but awesome
Oh we lost it
Screeching off with no names
She said "Watch this."
With her hands in the rain
Call it conflict
As you should
And you ain't gonna stop this
_______________________________________

"This is Greta Morthal from G7 News, coming to you from the crash site of an unfortunately car crash. Sources say the droptop convertable was speeding at over three times the speed limit resulting in 3 casualties." The tv became silenced as I hit the mute button.

"Those fuckin idiots," Violet grumbled.

"Nearly killed us too," Louis shivered at the television.

"I told yall I can drive," I proudly spoke.
"And we made it here just in time," I looked over at AJ in his medical bed, with all types of cords entering his veins and mouth.

"What a strong kid," Louis sighed as he put the flowers besides AJ on the bed.

"The strongest," Violet replied.
"Love you lil man."

"Love....you....too," AJ weakily responded as he gently opened his eyelids. I quickly rushed over to him, hugging him so tight, I feared I might put him back in a comotosed state.
"Clem....."

"Yeah? What's up?"

"I'm sorry.....for....every...thing," a few tears drifted my his eyelids and Violet wiped them away.

"It's okay AJ. You're alive and that's all that matters." AJ softly smiled at us as we left the room for the nurses and doctors to check on him.

"Clementine Marsh?" The doctor spoke softly.
"I'm afraid AJ's injuries are too severe to suistain a normal lifestyle. Should he continue living, he'd be basically a talking vegetable with no free will of mobility."

I stayed silent for a long time to process this.

"Any surgeries or anything that could help?"

"The main ordeal is his spine. As you can see from these x-rays, his spine's alignment is severely off and we would need a chunk of someone else's spine to fix that or we would need your okay to preform some extensive surgery which would require metal plates, screws, and extenders and most likely, a lifetime of physical therapy."

"Anything else wrong," Louis asked.

"His kidneys are failing, he can live perfectly fine with one, should any of you three be willing-"

"Yes," both Violet and Louis responded.

"He can have one from each," Violet looked at me with trembling fingers.
"Anything else?"

"Besides a concussion and a few broken bones, the only thing else he needs is a blood transfusion. Are any of you type O-?"

"I am," Louis responded with a shaky voice.
"If it means saving AJ, I'll do whatever."

"Great, I'll let the doctors know and we will prepare for surgery." I looked at my 2 best friends as they walked hand in hand down the hallway and out of my sight.

This is all my fault.
_______________________________________
We're pulling up to where you use to work at
We'll tell them that you're finished
Yeah you mean that
Just take all you can grab
No reciept, tax
Its so illegal but i like that
_______________________________________