Clementine

[AU; Clementine was bitten as a child and left behind Lee.....]

Narrator's POV

"Oh my darling, Clementine...." A tall, dark man knelt besides a small child no older than nine. Her eyes grew weary and tired. His rugged hands grasps the small child's. Sorrow filled his eyes as he knew he could not save the child he looked after. Her skin grew pale and cold.

"Lee....," she weakly groaned. "Don't let me turn....I don't want to become a monster..."

"I love you, sweet pea." Lee stood up from the bloodied pavement. Tears dripped from his eyes and splashed into the pool of blood beneath his feet. A child laid there, bleeding out, with multiple walker bites marking her body. Her curly brown hair now covered in blood and guts.
All because I couldn't save you.

"See you soon," Lee whispered as he covered the girl's eyes and shot her. The gunfire attracted the attention of a few lingering walkers. Without time to grieve, Lee ran off with tears streaming down his face.
*****
Lee's POV

A bloodied blue baseball cap laid in the street. Her cap. You are lost and gone forever. Dreadful sorry, Clementine.
I quickly walked over to her baseball cap, clinging to her scent from it. She always smelt like citrus trees. The subtle undead groans of walkers took me out of my daze. I was surrounded. Gunshots fired off and the undead was killed one final time.

"Kenney," I cried out. "I-
My sentence was cut off as a walker took a chunk out of my arm and another attacked my leg.

"Fuck," I grabbed my gun and shot the two walkers. I laid on the ground, gun in one hand, cap in the other. Kenney and Jane rushed to my side.

"Oh fuck Lee," Jane mumbled. "I- it'll be okay-"

"Cut the shit," I groaned. "I....fuck."

Kenney and Jane helped me up into an abbandoned store. I laid against a wall, inspecting my bites.

"What if we cut off-"
"No, he will die of blood loss."

Jane and Kenney walked around the store, thinking of ways to me.

Nothing will save me...I've been bitten....I'm gonna die

The evening fog rolled in and the groans of the undead became audible.

"What are we gonna do? Lee is gonna-"

"He won't turn!" Kenney yelled. He looked at me and cocked his gun. "I love you...." His eyes filled with tears and so did Jane's. I was at a loss for words and emotions.

"Don't be sad," I finally muster up the nerve to speak. "I'll be with my Clementine." I weakily smile and close my eyes. A single gunshot ringed off and everything went black.
****
(The Afterlife)

Red and pink, orange and white, mixed in the skies overhead. It was beautiful, almost resembling a sunset. There I sat under a Clementine tree on a green, grassy hill. Roses grew abbundant around me as I held the now-clean blue baseball cap in my hands.

"Lee!" A small child's voice cried out. I smiled and stood up.

"My Clementine," I smiled as she hugged me. "Here's your hat." I put it on her head. She looks beautiful.

"Cmon Lee! Lets go meet my parents!"

"Okay sweet pea," I laughed as she grabbed my arm and ran with me.

A/N: yeah i know this is short. I just been depressed and all that but I'm still writing. Just gotta keep moving foward. Thanks for 1k reads it means alot to me, really it does. Anyways, I will update with the 2nd part of the corruptous amoungous oneshot soon but until then, here's this. Thanks for reading.
Xoxo -Chantel