ice cream kisses

[Modern AU; Violet breaks up with Clementine and falls for Minerva]

Clementine's POV

"I'm sorry, Clementine." Her words cut deep like a knife into a sponge cake. Quick and damn near effortless. She stood in her doorway as I standed outside in the pouring rain, with flowers in hand and my heart on the floor.

"Why wasn't I good enough," I asked, holding back my tears of pain. Violet sighed and looked away momentarily.

"I just....don't know. I still love you, just not like this...," her voice trailed off. I shrugged my shoulders and turned away.

"Have fun with Minerva," I mumbled just barely audiable for her ears. I felt her tense up, she knows I knew. The affair between them. Violet was never good at hiding her guilt, let alone her text messages. Empty streets filled with the clouds' tears mixing with my own. Broken Hearts Club Bar & Food was my go-to for many weeks leading up to this. I knew it was bound to happen. Violet was loving and sincere but Minerva was better.

"The usual?" I look up from my depression to find Louis holding a bottle of whiskey. I shook my head "no".

"Gimme the 48," I groan. Louis stares at me in shock.

"The 48 isn't all fun and games, Clem. You'll get fucked up-"

"Violet dumped me. So however I feel intoxicated couldn't be worst than what I feel now!" I yell as the bar quiets and the half-drunk attendees stare at me.

"Just...gimme the 48, Lou." Louis sadly nods and goes into the backroom. I unlock my phone to find Violet happily giggling on her Snapchat story with Minerva. Tears dripped from my eyes onto my phone screen.
I lost my one true love to a redhead bitch who only wants Violet for her sexual desires and to see me suffer. The fucking irony of it all.

Louis finally exited from the back room with an empty fishbowl-like mug.

"This is for you, Clem." He sighed and began to pour liquors and alcohols into the massive beverage container. Once it was three quarters of the way full, he added shaved ice and a cute beach umbrella ontop.

"Bottoms up," I grabbed the mug and sipped it. The intoxicating flavors bursts into my mouth with such passion. I began downing the large drink quicker. Louis gave his look of concerned but ultamately grabbed his keys. He knew I was too drunk already. Things seemed to get really spaced out and wavy.

"Louis....," I drunkenly stumble around the bar. "Can I get some chicken wings?" I tripped over a bar stool and things went black.

*****

"The next time you get drunk, I calling you an Uber," I hear Louis joke. I open my eyes to find myself on an all black leather sofa. Drunk or hungover, I don't really know. Rubbing the crust from my eyes, my clothes screamed of the smell of a highly intoxicated night.

"Lou?"

He turned to my direction, holding a beer. I felt sick to my stomach and made a mad dash to his balcony, proceeding to vomit my insides onto the poor bastards 10 floors below.

"And this is why drinking is bad for you," he chuckle as he sips his drink. I wipe my mouth and stare at him with regret and pain in my eyes. He walks to me and hugs me. The smell of his cologne, I've always loved it.

"You smell like my 21st birthday," he waved his hand infront of his face. I rolled my eyes and stumble back onto the couch.

"Wake me up when September ends," I heartbrokenly mumble. Louis grabs his phone.