one last time

"I love you."

"That's what I was afraid you would say."

*****
I'm not perfect, far from it. Yet, I try. I try and try day in and day out, just trying to be the perfect friend, the perfect girlfriend, the perfect.....

Who am I kidding?

I'm a disaster, a freak of nature. I was given life and wasted it. Wasted my love, wasted my time. Now...now I'm just sitting around, waiting to die.

*****
"Don't go."

"You're better off if I'm gone."

******

Walkers. Fucking walkers. Their rotting flesh, a smell I'll never get out of my clothes. Yet, you always hugged me close as if I'd taken a hundred showers with the finest soaps on Earth.

What did I do so wrong?

*****

"Violet, I swear that meant nothing-"

"Just forget it, Clem. Go...go be with Louis. I know what I saw."

******
Your presence still haunts me. You're a ghost, just hell-bent on making my waking moments miserable. I still love you, I always will.
*****

"I love you, Louis."

"I love you back, Clem."

".....night guys....."

*****
You didn't even noticed me. I was standing there in the doorway of the room, just in shock at the sight of you two. I knew things were always going your way. By day we sat ontop of the belltower and hold hands. By night, you were with him doing sins I dare not to tell. I'm glad I caught you two, only just proved my suspicion you fell out of love with me.

"I guess our love ran out..."

"You treat my love like a bottle of whiskey; once it's empty, it's useless to you. I tried my hardest Clementine, I really fucking did."

No amount of words I could ever spill from my lips would ever change your view on me, so why even bother?

I sat alone in my room that night, the first night in weeks I didn't fall asleep in your arms.

The first night I had the bed to myself.

The first night I cried.

Yes. I cried. And cried for hours. For so long once I had stopped, my face stung from the salty tears. My eyes were bloodshot red and dark bags underneath them had only proven my exhaustion.

****

"Can we give this one more try?"

"I don't know, Clementine...."

Alone and forgotten, I retreated to the belltower, abbandoned as I hoped. Secluded from everyone and thing, I began to ponder life, my choices...love.

The sun shined ever so brightly but the autumn breeze chilled my pale skin. Maybe this was a sign....

****

"One more time?"

"For the sake of myself mentally, yes. One more time."

"I'm sorry for hurting you."

"Don't bring up the reason I'm hesistant with you."

"I apologize, love."

"I....lets just take this slow, very slow."

"I'll make it up to you, I love you, Vi."

*sigh* "Then prove it, prove it to me. That you love me and you won't cheat or fuck anyone else!!! Until then....."

"I....maybe it's better if we just gave up?...."

"We can still be friends. Just....take care of Louis, better than you did me."

Erickson was my home but if things were always gonna end in dead bodies or heated fights, why live in the toxicity? Gathering a duffle bag of food and survival items, I looked back at the school one last time. Everything I'd known, loved, it happened there. I was leaving behind memories and people....leaving people is easy but the memories?

Not so much.

Whatever, I'm a survivor. I will be fine on my own or I'll be dead with Minerva. Either way, win/win.

****

Winter. The crunch of freshly laid snow beneath my boots was the type of anestetically pleasing shit you live for. Being alone has its ups and down. Hunting is much easier when it's just your stomach that needs food. Then again, it is rather lonely.... I shook my head. I was better on my own, away from her.

"Fuck yeah," I grabbed the large rabbit that hopped into my trap. "Dinner's served." I cracked its neck and resetted my trap.
"Maybe I'll get a moose next."

The small fire barely thrived in the sub-zero weather, just enough to cook the rabbit. The fur of the rabbit began my gloves as the winds blew violently. The walker count was low in the forests, not enough of them to search for warmer clothes. The skins of the dead animals will safice for now.

"Violet?," a voice cried out as resetted my traps.

"Fuck," I whispered as I ran blindly through the trees, back to my cave. Out of breath, my lungs begged for air as I entered the stoney home. It was quite large and empty, aside from the occasional rabbit that stops inside, usually they never leave alive. It wasn't much but it kept me safe and warm and that's all I could've asked for.

****
[Back at Erickson]

"I saw her, I saw Violet," Clementine yelled as she entered the courtyard.

"Where is she," Louis immediately asked.

"Is she coming home," AJ followed.

"I don't know. I guess she lives in the woods now," her voice sadden as she looked away. "I drove her away. We should let her be. We could search for her but she obviously doesn't wanna come back-"

"In spring, we should look for her. She's tough, she'll survive winter," AJ suggested. Clementine agreed and left to her room, alone.

"I fucked it all up....I'm sorry Vi....," tears dripped from her chin and landed on the floor.
"Please be safe, til spring...."

****
[Back at Violet's cave]

When spring starts, I'll go back. Maybe they won't be mad at me...until then, this cave is Texas Two.

A/N: so ummm...
This is my last oneshot.
For real this time.
I love twdg
Love the fandom (besides the toxic ass horny ass people)
But...
I guess everything dies
Everything fades away
Maybe one day ill return
Maybe ill make another twdg oneshot book.
Maybe...
But ive been thinking of doing this for a while.
I seem to be at a constant number of views on latest posts
So that means people gave up on this fandom and its interest right?
Idk man...
As of now, this book is done.
I love you guys
Readers from day one and neewbies alike
I just kinda ya know
Think things should live on in memory
'Cuz this was bound to happen one day
And I couldn't imagine dragging this out much longer
So long and goodnight.

XOXO
-Chantel