flatlined.

(Yes, I've played Cyberpunk 2077. Yes, it's buggy as hell. Yes, I'm pissed my ps4 crashes alot while playing it. Yes, I'm still playing it. Why? Because beyond the bugs and shit, I actually like the story so far. And ofc, I chose the streetkid path first, I'll play all paths eventually though.)

(Mild Spolier Warning for CyberPunk 2077, I do use some Canon Main Story Plot Details but haven't played the entire story yet so. But i've replaced the characters with twdg characters so its not tooo fucked....)

[Night City, July 12th, 2077, 8:45pm]

"V, wake up." I groaned as I tried to ignore him.
"V." He grabbed me by my shirt.

"I'm awake," I growled. I dropped me back onto my bed.
"What do you want, Sinner? Thought you and 'Tine were headed for New Baltimore." The dreadheaded fellow looked at me with his copper coloured eyes before handing me a shard.
"The fuck?"

"Pop it in. It'll explain everything." I scoffed and tossed the shard aside.
"I see they thought you well, to never trust a corpo-"

"Besides your virus shard, the hell do you want with me? I thought corpos burned bridges not rebuild them." Sinner sighed and sat besides me on my bed.

"Clem's dead. Flatlined." I stared at him in disbelief.
"You don't believe me huh."

"Like fuck do I believe a corpo." He handed me an older phone, probably from the early 50's. 2050's.
"¿Por qué?"

"Braindance. The BD of her murder is on there. I saw it all, except the killer."

"You want me to find the killer and....I see. You corpos only value us as bounty hunters and then you'll kill us to cover your tracks."

Louis smirked.
"I can just kill you now and be done with it. Plenty of other qualified people in Night City that can do the job for half as much eddies. Thought I could try an old friend and we split the profits even."

I chuckled.
"Sinner. Oh, Sinner. Why must you play these games? This will only end badly on you. I have enough streetcred to ride this shitfuck out but you? The son of the number one best selling Cybernet tech brand?! Your ass will be targetted and someone will end you, first chance they get." I pointed my revolver at him.
"Maybe I'll be me," I chuckled.

"What will it take for you trust me, V? Remember we were once partners-"

"Enough with the once upon ago bull, I want a billion eddies. I want the corpos off my ass for good. I want control over the Tiger Claws. I want 'Tine's....shard," my face dropped.
"You fucking moron! SHE'S NOT DEAD!" I loaded my revolver and aimed at my door.

"Babe, put the gun down," 'Tine smiled as she walked through the door, unfazed by Sinner's presence.

"We stole the shard. That immortal life prototype chip. You really think I'd believe you'd leave Night City and flatlined?" She sighed before taking off her tinted shades to reveal her blacked out cybernetic eyes, the eyes I fell in love with so many eons ago. She ran her cold cybernetic fingetips against my cheek, bringing back familiar feelings and memories from what felt like a lifetime ago.

"Truth be told, I did flatlined. Took a bullet to the head from some corpo scum named Sinner," we both turned towards him.
"Next thing ya know, I woke up in a ripper's office. Then I'm back at the Afterlife like nothing's happened, downing drinks and chicken wings. The shard, chip, whatever, it saved my life, or prolonged whatever is left of mine." She sat down on my bed, I looked at Sinner, clutching my revolver.

"I never meant for you to flatline but I had a job," Sinner half assed apology did not sit well with me.
"I am, was, head of Arasaka afterall. Every choice I made-"