love is love

[A fishing trip turns into something much more.]

Violet's POV

It's been a month or two since Clem and AJ showed up. Ever since then, I've felt safer. Clem always comes fishing with me and Brody, even though Louis practically begs her to go hunting with him. I wonder why she always chooses me.

"Hey blondie. Are you gonna stand there all day or are we going fishing?," Clem joked. I was taken out of my daze and jumped off from my sitting spot along the wall.

"Fine, lets go." Clem walked besides me, following Brody and AJ behind us. The forest surround the school hasn't seen too many walkers nowadays. Thank god for that.

Clementine's POV
Violet's kinda cute. Fuck. No. Don't think about her.

I try to not think about her but I fail miserably. Looking over at her, her short blonde hair, her sharp jawline.

Fuck. Maybe I like girls.

"Hey Clem," AJ took me out of my daydream.

"What's up?"

"Brody and I wanna go search for bait. Is that okay?" I looked at Brody and smiled.

"Go on ahead. Stay safe." The two walked away and disappeared into the morning mist.

Alone with Violet. I began to blush. Violet noticed and blushed slightly as well.

"I wonder why they left," Violet spoke, still blushing. "We have a decent amount of bait."

"3 worms isn't decent, Vi." We both laugh.

"Whatever. Point is, I'm glad I have you." Vi blushed and turn away. "I mean, I'm glad you're here...fuck...shit. I um-"

"You're cute," I interrupted. "Violet...I think I like you." I sit down at the river and look into the calm waters. Violet stood there in awe.

"I- shit. Clem?"

I looked up at her.

"I-
Before I could speak, I felt a pair of lips intertwined with mine. It felt like the whole world stopped for a moment. I pulled away to catch my breath. Violet smiled and I blushed.

"I KNEW IT," AJ shouted from a distance. We both looked over and see Bordy and AJ sitting in a tree.

"AJ IMMA GET YOU," Violet playfully screamed before running to the tree. I laughed as she climbbed the tree and tickled AJ. I walked over to the tree as everyone jumped out.

"So is Violet like my 2nd mom?" AJ asks. Violet and I looked at each other and shrugged.

"I guess so," she agreed as she rubbed his head. Brody smiled and hugged all of us.

"Lets finally go fishing," Brody laughed.