love in the 21st century

"I guess it's love in 21st century.
Broken hearted technology"

[Heart AU: When you are born, you have three (3) hearts/lives. Every time your heart is broken [not by relationship/s], you lose half a heart. Every time you feel loved, you gain a full heart. For every relationship heart break, you lose a full heart. And death is immient upon losing all hearts.]
Monday, Violet Aldon: ♡♡ 2 hearts remaining.

I rubbed the crust from my eyes as I finally awaken, only four hours late for my classes. I grabbed my phone from my nightstand, checking my notifications.

100% Full Battery. Please unplug charger.

I sighed in sadness. It was tough being alone, alone and lonely. Deciding I shouldn't dwell on my feelings in fear of losing another heart, I grabbed my black hoodie and slipped into some grey joggers before leaving my apartment.

Crisp and coolness of autumn kissed my neck as I walked along the cracked pavement of the sidewalks towards a local café. Tangerine and ruby coloured leaves fell from the tree outside of the shop, landing ontop my head. Entering the coffee shop, the smell of freshly brewed coffee beans with hints of cinnamon and spice. A smile plastered itself upon my face without my consent, but I didn't fight the feelings. I felt warmth in my chest as my phone dinged.

Violet Adlon: ♡♡♡ 3 hearts remanining.

"Fuck yeah!," I smiled. I breathed a bit easier now that I had another heart. I entered the coffee shop, only to realize my ex was working the counters.
"Minerva," I mumbled under my breath. I walked up to the counters and met her emerald coloured eyes.

"Oh. Violet, what's up," she sounded rather joyous seeing her ex of four years.

"Need coffee," I simply spoke, not wanting to fully engage with her. She nodded and grabbed a bag of imported coffee beans.

"Iced, hot, or frappé?"

"Iced is fine."

"Any add-ons?"

"12 shots of espresso." She looked at me.
"Yes, twelve."

"Your funeral." I stayed silent as the red head made my beverage.
"I've missed ya, Vi."

"Phones work both ways." She whinced ever so slightly but I knew she felt hurt, not enough to lose part of a heart container hurt but enough to feel a sting.
"Can I just have my drink?"

"Sure, Vi." she slid me my drink.
"Take care, purple." Minerva smiled half heartedly before returning to the kitchen.

"You too," I silently spoke as I sipped my beverage. My phone vibrated in my pocket as I left the cafe.

New Message (1):
Ex😡: Look, I'm sorry. For everything. Can we meet up later, around 6 ish?

I huffed and slid my phone back into my pants pocket.

I won't let you be the reason for my downfall, again.
______________________________________

Clementine Everett: ♡ × 21 1/2

"What a lovely morning," I smiled as I was greeted by kisses from my golden retriever pup, Sam. Sam panted as he laid next to me in my bed.
"Best pupper ever."

My phone chimed as I stretched in my bed, cracking every humanely bone possible.

New Message: VictoryViolet♡♡♡
Hey, wanna hang out? You can bring Sam and LouLou and AJ :)

"Hey babe," I hollered. Louis popped his head into the doorway, soap covering his face as he was prepping to shave his beard.
"Wanna hang with Purple today? I mean it IS our friendship aniversary."

"Already? No, no, you've must be joking." He looked at the calender.
"Well call me Daddy-"

"I'm not calling you "Daddy" but c'mon, I miss Violet. It's sooo hard being away from her." Louis raised an eyebrow.
"Don't get your dreadlocks twisted. We are just friends."

"I never doubted that," Louis spoke as he retreated to the bathroom.

Clementine: Meet us at the park in 20?

VictoryViolet♡♡♡: Sure thing, orange
______________________________________

Louis Sullivan: Update: You've lost 1/4 of a heart. Total: ♡×11

"Fuck," I mumbled under my breath. My back pressed against the door as my hands shake with uncertainty.

Your girlfriend wouldn't just lie to you. Sure she and Vi did have a fling but she's been dating you for four fucking years!!!

I took a deep breath as I unlocked my phone.

"Babe?," I called as I exited the bathroom.

"In the kitchen," Clem called back. I threw on a simple white tee and headed for her.
"What's up my dreadheaded fellow?"

Fellow?

"Uhh, I was...actually, can we talk?" Clementine opened the door for Sam to run outside as she sat besides him on the couch.
"I'm just scared of losing you. I'm so paranoid someone might take you away from me...."

Her warm hands intertwinded with mine as she moved closer to me.

"It's so stupid, we've been together for forever and..."

"And no one will come between us, my dear." She laid her head on my shoulders as she rubbed her thumb over my knuckles.
"I get it, you're scared of Violet taking me away. I swear to you, on Lee's grave, we are purely just friends." I nodded as I kissed her forehead.
"I love you, ya know that right?"

"Do you love me more than chocolate?"

"Yes."

"More than ice cream?"

"Yes babe."

"More than Sam-"

"Some questions you don't want answers to; I think this is one of them." I frowned. My phone buzzed.

Louis Sullivan: Update: You have 12 hearts remaining.

"Lets go see Vi," I smiled.
"C'mon Sam," the pup scampered after us.
______________________________________

Minerva Russel: ♡ (1) One heart remaining.

I took a deep breath in and out. My hands shaking as I slid my phone into my pocket.

"I can't afford to lose another life," I whispered to myself. I lightly chuckled.
"Maybe death would do me good..." I sighed as I clocked out from my shift. I grabbed the box of cigarrettes from my coat pocket and lit one up as I walked towards my car. I never did start smoking until after.....I lost a life....
"Maybe I shouldn't have texted her...." I took another long drag. My lungs began to burn but I didn't care. I felt empty and cold. My phone buzzed and I hesistated to reach for it.
"Not like I have much to live for," I mumbled.

Vi (1 new message)
______________________________________
I've been thinking alot....
Honestly i love you still
But what you did hurt me
And cant forgive you for that
No matter how much i miss you and crave you
I'll forever see you as a cheater and a liar

My heart dropped.

Minerva Russel: You've lost your last life. Your life is now expiring. Goodbye :)

I cletched my chest as the world around me began to swirl and break apart as the oxygen left my lungs.
"Vi....Vi," I choked.
"V...iolet...."

Scrap oneshot thats been in my drafts for like 3 months (?) Yeah. Couldn't be bothered to add on to it but I didn't wanna redo it. I liked the half baked idea i have. Also i do aplogize for going awol afk whatever. Shits rough and adulting aint fun. But happy 2021-
Nvm.
I wanna cancel my subscription to it already.