crossfire

[He'd trade his guns for love but he's caught in the crossfire and he keeps  waking up but it's not to the sound of birds]

Louis's POV

Gunshots violently ringed in the hallways. Lily was ALIVE. Coming back to the school to act on her bloodlust. Violet and Clementine were  hiding besides me, Violet deathly grasping my coat as if she were to let go, everything would disappear. Clementine stared out the broken windows into the courtyard, eyes glued to the cold body of AJ. She didn't cry, she didn't frown. She just stared blankly at the body of the child she fought so hard and so long for. More gunshots ringed out into the hallways, bullet holes just above our heads.

"Fucking move!" I yelled as I ran as fast as I could away from the fires, away from death, away from the school. What felt like years later, I stopped running and knelt besides a tree to catch my breath. Violet and Clementine were nowhere in my sights. I prepared myself for the worst but hoped for the best.

"Louis," a small voice whimpered. I clentched my knife and turned around. Clementine was carrying Violet in her arms. She wasn't breathing, her pale face turned blue. Sinking into the ground beneath my feet, I felt so weak. My best friend, dead. Killed in the hands of those raider bastards. And I left her to die. I did this to myself.

"She told me to give this to you before she...um ya know," Clementine wiped the tears from her cheeks and placed Violet's cleaver into my palm.

"You're all I have left, Clem." She looked Violet's body in her arms, all cold and bloodied. "She's gonna turn isn't she?" Clementine simply nodded and placed her body against a tree stump.

"I do not want to die by the hands of the raiders Lou," she spoke as her voice cracked. "If I'm going to die, I rather die by the undead hands of Violet-"

"You're not dying today," I interrupted. "They have us outnumbered but we are smarter than them. We can-"

Violet's body stood up and turned its neck towards us. Maybe it was my delliusional self, but, I could swear her undead groans said "Run." Clementine ran faster than me with her new "peg leg", leaving me in the dust. Still. I chased after her. Walker Violet was lost in the fog as we made it back to the school. The building was on fire and collasping, all the kids were either killed or walking around as walkers. It was a horrid sight for sore eyes.

"We can't go back, there's nothing left for us," Clementine whispered to me. As much as I hated it, she was right. There was nothing but death left for us here.

"Lets go," I whispered back.

"To where?"

"Anywhere but here." When the coast was clear of walkers and raiders, we took off running again. Far, far away from the place we once called home. Goodbye Erickson. Forever.
_______________________________________
"Louis, look." She pointed to a city about a day's walk away. "Richmond."

"Didn't you have friends here?" She nodded her head. "I hope they're alive."

"I hope they have food." It's been some months since the raiders attacked Erickson. We've been in hiding, scaverenging whatever we can to survive, just me and Clem now. She's grown quite distant and doesn't express her feelings much ever since she saw AJ and Vi die. I don't blame her. I try to comfort her but she only pushes me further and further away into her abyss. Walker hordes are getting more and more numbered and we often cover ourselves in their guts and sneak by since ammo is scarce. By the tempterature, it's around fall. We need to find permanent shelther before winter or we will surely die.

"Better start walking now," she spoke, taking me away from my thoughts. I followed after her along the cracked pavement roads and rusted cars. As we neared the city, gunshots echoed from miles back.

"Fuck," I blurted out. We started making a break for Richmond, only to be introduced to a horde of walkers, and in front, Javi. She dropped to my knees onto the ground. I placed a hand on her shoulder and she pushed me away.

"I'm done," she exhailed. "If the wakers don't kill us, Lily sure as hell will. There's nobody left Lou. Nobody that can help us. We might as well....." she looked at the walker horde and then back at me. Before I could say anything, her lips were pressed against mine in one last attempt at romance in the end of the world.

"Goodbye Louis," she ran into the crowd of walkers. They fought for her and ripped into her flesh as if there was a golden secret hidden deep within her body. The light faded from her eyes as did mine. Nothing was left for me in this world. I chased after my dead clementine and held her body as the undead ripped into mine.

Walking up in cold sweats, I find myself lying in the infirmary couch with my head wrapped in bandages.

"Good, you're finally up," AJ spoke as he walked over to me.

"What happened," I groaned as I sat up.

"Fell off the clock tower trying to impress Clem," AJ laughed. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"Where's Clem and Vi?"

"Probably out fishing. But don't worry, you have me." I hugged AJ.

"Love you lil dude."

"Love you too Louis."

A/N: yeah i couldnt let the story end on a sad note, mostly cuz most of my stories do end on sad notes😂but i should go to bed, its fucking midnight.