fuck those love songs

[Modern AU/Song Lyric AU; Violet and Minnie broke up.] [Warning: Suicidal tendencies and the act of carying out a suicide below. I will warn once more when that scene nears.]

"I still see your shadows in my room. Can't take back the love that I gave you." Violet sang as salty tears streamed down her face. Wiping her face on her blue denim jacket, she inhaled sharply and continued singing. 
"It's to the point where I love and I hate you. And I cannot change you. So I must replace you..." her voice subsided as she clentched her aching heart. Thunderstorms rolling in outdoors gave her emtpy room sounds other than that of her crying. Her tired, puffy, red eyes stared out the window, quietly watching the rain touch the town.
"Easier said than done. I thought you were the one. Listening to my heart instead of my head," Violet sighed as she managed to walk over to her desk. Sitting in the black leathery chair, she opened her laptop.
Fuckin....fuck.
Her screensaver was a picture of her and Minnie together. Rage more than sadness filled her eyes. She slammed the computer shut and threw it from the 10th story balcony. The subtle crashing of it shattering on the ground gave her strength.
"You found another one, but I am the better one. I won't let you forget me."
She grabbed her grandfather's shotgun from under her bed.

"Who knew evil girls had the prettiest face?" Loading the shotgun shells into the gun, only one thought crossed her mind.
If I can't have her, no one should be able to.
"Cuz after all this time, I'm still into you." She sweetly sang as she grabbed her backpack and left her apartment. Getting into her rusty red pickup truck, she turned on the radio to drown out her thoughts.
"I should be over all the butterflies, I'm into you, I'm into you, and even baby on our worst nights, I'm into you-"
"-thousand miles seems pretty far but they got planes, trains and cars, I'll wak to you if-"
"-I know they say no one is perfect but i swear she is perfect for me and that makes it so much harder to leave-"
"-I been up a very long time, wondering why they hate on me. I don't wanna love myself, I'm praying that yall love me-"
"-I'm not suicidal, I don't wanna fuckin die, just wana be able to close my eyes and feel alright-"
"-been counting stars and scars, how I'm becoming a work of art-"

She turns off the radio and suffers in the numbing silence as she drives down abbandoned backroads to Minnie's house. The pitter patter of the rain is the only thing keeping her company.

"15 miles to Atlanta," she read aloud from a sign. "I'm coming Minerva."

              *       *      *      *      *
"In Atlanta, In Atlanta, in a foggy evening fine, was a girl amid the ruins and her shotgun loaded and ready for her doings." She parked the car outside of Minerva's house and snuck in through a window

"Oh my darling oh my darling Minerva, thou art lost and gone forever, not really sorry, Minerva." She quietly lurked and sneaked around the house in search for her.

"Light she was and like a fairy
And her hair was only red
But a shotgun and an alibi were no match for Minerva." She found her laying in Clementine's arms in her bedroom.

"Drew the gunfire and bodies fell
On an evening so fine
Police alarmed and on their way
Suicide or locked in prison today?"

[Suicide Warning, don't say I didn't warn you.]

[I'm warning you.]

[No take backs]

Violet wiped the blood from her face and stared at the gorey sight infront of her. 2 bloodied bodies, half clothed, laid still on once white bed sheets.

"I wish I could feel guilty but you did this to yourself Minerva." She set the bedroom on fire with her lighter and closed the door behind her as she exited. In the distance, she hear the blairing of sirens.

"Guess there's only one way out of this huh." She went downstairs into the basement. On a shelf laid rope, a knife, and a half empty pill container of sleeping aid. She frantically searched for a step ladder or a chair as she heard the police stop at the house.

(Last warning. This is.....not for the faint of heart.)

"Fuck it," she grabbed a pistol Minerva hid behind the television. The police rammed the upstairs door and flooded into the house. Tears fell down her face and she closed her eyes and lifted the gun to her temple. A police officer ran downstairs.

"NOOO," he screamed as the gun fired off. A bullet fatally struck her brain and came clean out the other side. Blood sprayed onto the white walls and ceilings. Her cold body fell to the carpetted ground, her blood soaking in around her. The officer called for backup as the fire department arrived to put out the blazing flames.

                   *     *     *     *      *
"Breaking News: A homicide-suicude-murder occurred just outside of Atlanta, GA in a residential home. The victims were 28 year old Minerva Marsh along with 27 year old Clementine Marsh. They were found at the scene dead from multiple shotgun wounds, in a roaring fire thought to have been caused by 28 year old Violet Aldon. Motives were unknown and she was found dead from suicide. Sources say she acted out of anger and a broken heart and killed her ex-lover and her new girlfriend. Police will reveal more details as the investigation continues." The tv turned off. Louis, Aasim, Ruby and Marlon sat in the police department, mouths wide but voiceless. Three officers in uniform stood and stared fiercely at the group.

"We gave you the money, now talk. Why did she do that to my daughter and her wife?!" The officer pounded his fist against the desk.

"Mr. Lee sir," Louis began.

"VIOLET KILLED MY CLEMENTINE!"
The office fell silent as Lee sank back into his chair. "Take them away from me. Recover her body and call me when you have her. Until then, don't bother me." The other 2 officers nodded as they escourted the 4 out of the police station. Lee cracked open a beer and drank it all and then another until the faint roll of thunder resumed in the sky. Looking outside, intoxicated, he watched the clouds as they crossed the orangish-red sky of dusk.

"Rest in peace, my Clementine."