pride

[Modern AU; June 1st, the start of Pride Month. Louis, Clem, Vi, Brody and Sophie are at Louis's beachhouse.] [Happy Pride Month from your fellow lesbian author😁]

"Violet, you just had to wear a cape," Louis sighed as he unpacked his suitcase.

"It's Captain Gay to you. And it's my duty to save my closeted fellows."

"Just another excuse for you to act flamboyently gay, but, I respect it."

Violet rolled her eyes as she grabbed her sunglasses. Her black tank top and equally black shorts complimented her body, even if her posture was the worst.

"Have you seen Clem?" Violet asked as she takes off her Chucks in exchange for flip flops. Louis shook his head.

"Maybe she's with Ruby. I heard them saying something about a parade. I don't know." Louis took off his shirt, revealing his tan 6 pack. He tossed me the sunscreen. "Don't get burned." He put on his shades and grabbed his surfboard and headed to the ocean. Violet put on a generous amount of sunscreen and headed towards Sophie and Brody. Sophie wore a blue tank and white shorts. Brody wore a red tank and white shorts as well.

"Hey guys."

"Captain Lesbian to the rescue!" Sophie laughed. Brody nudged her and blushed.

"My favorite couple."

Sophie and Brody both blushed intensely.

"Oh um. Shit. I forgot you two-"

"It's fine," Brody reassured. "We wanna come out but...." Sophie gently grabbed Brody's hand. Sophie looked at Brody and smiled.

"We need your help Vi- I mean, Captain Gay," Sophie admitted. Violet smiled and hugged them both.

"Subtle or all out?"

"Subtly," they both blurted. Violet nodded.

"Nothing says "I'm out of the closet" like holding hands and kissing. AND it's Pride Month! There's a parade..." and then it suddenly hits her. The parade Louis mentioned. It was a PRIDE parade. Could that mean....

"Captain Gay?" Brody waved her hand infront of Violet. She was taken back to reality.

"Just cmon. We are going to the pride parade."

They both nodded and followed Violet to the parade.

          *           *          *          *           *

Confetti cannons fire off, people of all races and lifestyles happily cheering and celebrating. Glitter showers and colorful banners everywhere.

"This is paradise," Violet speaks in complete awe. Sophie and Brody admire the festivities.

"Captain Gay, is that Clementine?" Sophie spoke as she points to the curly brunette in a face painting tent. It was. Heat creeped up her neck amd her face became red at the sight of her.

"Tell ya what, we will be proud and out if you go talk to her. Deal?" Brody held out her hand. Violet was hesitant at first but shook Brody's hand anyways.

"Deal."

As if on cue, Sophie kissed Brody on the cheek.

"You had no idea how long I've wanted to do that," she sighed in relief. Brody was as red as hot sauce but smiled anways. As agreed, Violet walked towards Clementine. The curly brunette made eye contact with Violet before blushing and looking at the ground.

"Cute shirt," Violet smiled. Clementine looked at her purple shirt that reads "Bi the Way, Love is Love". Her cheeks grew a brighter red but Violet smiled.

"It's okay Clem. Captain Gay is here to save the day!"

"Is this your favorite month?" Clementine laughed.

"It's a whole month to act flamboyently gay! Of course I love it!" Clementine smiled and grabbed her iconic blue baseball cap.

"What do ya think?" She pointed to the bisexual pride flag painted on her cheek.

"Adorable just like you." As soon as the words left her mouth, her eyes widened at her realization of what she just spoke. Clementine raised her eyebrow and looked at the panicking lesbian.

"You think I'm cute?" Captain Gay just looked at her feet until a warm hand intertwinded into hers. "Well I think you're cute too." Clementine leaned in and gave a quick but sincere kiss onto Violet's cheek. In the background, Louis, Sophie and Brody cheered at them.

"FINALLY," Louis yelled. "Now lets celebrate!!!"
The group of friends laughed as they danced through the glitter filled streets, wearing unicorn hats on their heads and various pride flags around their necks. Violet wore her lesbian flag, Clementine wore bisexual flags, Sophie and Brody shared a very large rainbow flag, and Louis wore a rainbow flag with "Straight but Supportive" written on it.

"Best day ever," Violet smiled as they all gathered for a group pic in the setting sun.

A/N: Happy first day of pride month yall. Whether yall closeted or out, gay or straight, we should all accept and love one another. That being said

IM FUCKIN GAY AND PROUD🤣