alive at eightteen

Survivors AU: a few characters from my own apocolyptic story "Survivors" have meet up with the Erickson kids......

[Yes ik its fucking long, yes Ik im a big ass nerd for writing this. But the author note at the end, if that's the only reason you read this oneshot, I could die peacefully hearing that.]

Back in the day, birthdays were celebrated with cake, balloons, and parties going into the wee nightly hours with blasting music of various genres. Family, friends, they'd all come over and wish you to many more birthdays and such. That's how things were about a decade ago.

Summer. The temperature rises and us survivors do not care to wear 50 million layers of leather and such. A t-shirt and jeans will sufice but we are still steathly and careful of each move we make.

"Ma'ma?"

"Yeah?"

"When do you think we will find a home?"

"Tough to say kiddo. But I promise we will find something eventually."

"I believe you."

Two survivors by the names of Jason and Savannah. Savannah (or Savy) was a young woman who just about always wore her grey "SENIORS Class of 2019" hoodie, even if it was stained in blood, of hers or the undead she really didn't know. Her brown short curly hair streaked with grey slightly dropped over her grey head bandana and bloodied eyepatch. Her scarred face dotted with freckles and stained with blood. Her clothes were decently held together despite the conditions of the world. 9 fingers together grasped her hand-made weapon of destruction: a scythe. Her companion was her son, Jason. He was about 2 or 3 monts old when the end of the world started and now he's learning survival skills rather than the ABCs and 1-2-3s. The young boy wore a blue baseball cap gifted to him by his late mother and Savy's late fiancé. His choice for attire was a white baseball jersey and jeans with spiked kneepads. His clothes were much cleaner and better held up than that of Savy's. She only wanted the best for her son, even if she had to get the short ends of sticks most times. When food ran low, she made sure he ate first and then she would scavenge whatever she could. She didn't complain or even mention it to Jason, she was a survivor, this was simply just part of surviving.

"How much longer till we stop?" Jason asked as his tone of voice clearly gave away that he was rather exhausted. Savy looked up at the sky, baby blue with thin white clouds.

"We have quite some time till nightfall," she begun. "But, we can rest. Just for a minute." Jason sighed in relief.

"Thank you," he sat on the ground, staring up at the giant trees overhead.

A few quiet moments passed before they decided to keep on moving. Savy rolled up the one remaining sleeve of her oversized hoodie as the heat began to get to her.

"Want me to carry your hoodie?" Jason asked, hating to see his mother suffer in any manner.

"Fine." Savy hesistated but she removed her hoodie. A black t-shirt became visible. Her arms were now completely exposed, much to her dislike. She handed over the hoodie to Jason, who shoved it into his empty backpack.
"Lets keep moving."
****
"Clementine said there were 2 people out here not too long ago," Violet spoke to AJ.

"Do you think they're bad?"

"Can't know for sure 'till we meet em, right?"

"Right. Lets be smart about this." AJ pulled out his gun. Violet grabbed Clementine's knife.

"Right."

The two silently walked through the empty woods. It was all quiet, a bit too quiet for AJ's liking.