blurry

Everything blurry looks the same.

I sighed as I sat back in my recliner chair. Sitting in my apartment. Alone.
I wasn't used to being alone. Not used to saying goodbye. At least, goodbye to my eyesight.

"Violet?!" I gripped the cushioning of the chair.
"I'm home!!!" I heard keys hit the marble countertop as soft footsteps raced upstairs. The soft notes of citrus and lemongrass hit my nostils as my best friend opened the door.
"How you holding up?"

"So...fucking scared, Clem. I...my vision's gone. I'm blind. I just been stumbling around my apartment all day. Called Brody to help me with lunch. Speaking of."
"ALEXA, CALL BROOOOOOOOOOOOOODY"

"Calling BROOOOOOOOODY," the monotoned Alexa spoke.

"Violet, what did you do now?"

"Relax, nothing's on fire. I think. I hope- anyways. Can you swing by the pharmacy to pick up my anti depressants?"

"Sure thing. Anything else ya need, just give me a holler."

"I owe ya, Brods." Alexa hung up and I felt Clementine hug me.
"Clem?"

"I feel so bad your losing- well, lost, your eyesight. Wish there was something I could've done to help."

"Helping me now is more than enough. Maybe somewhere down the line, I'll get surgery to fix this. 'Til then, do not let me walk downstairs. Almost killed myself tryna shower. Rosie had to come rescue me." I heard Rosie panting as she brushed against my leg. I chuckled as I attempted to pet her, only to pet air. Clem helped me rub my fingers through her soft fur.

"Thoughts after everything, after the bite, after the fight, all troubles would've been over with...."

"Nobody expected you to get sepsis from a dog bite and lose your leg. We didn't expect AJ to shoot Tenn in the eye with a Nerf gun and cause that friendship to crumble. And I didn't expect to just lose my eyesight after helping Mitch with his homemade fireworks. Nobody expects the bad shit, Clem. But we just gotta live with it."

"How do you feel?"

"Numb, if I'm being honest. At first, I was scared and I still am. It was painful, the burns and the deteroiating eyesight. I mean, I can see blurry spots now but I rather just keep my eyes closed, rather see nothing at all." I sighed as I sat on the ground, wasn't sure how far I was from any furniture, wasn't gonna risk falling.
"Clem?"

"What's up, Vi?"

"When you lost your leg, how did you feel?"

There was silence for a moment before she spoke again.
"Powerless. I was so used to doing everything solo and when I had to rely on others, I.....I didn't like it all too much."

"How..did you cope and move on?"

"I had no choice but to live and get through it, I wasn't gonna get my leg back....." Silence fell upon the room once more.
"You."

I raised my eyebrow, puzzled.
"What?"

Clem sighed before sitting besides me, intertwining her fingers with mine.
"I kept thinking of you. You were so sweet, so gentle, so loving." My cheeks felt hot as I smiled.
"You saw me when I was the most broken version of me and you didn't leave. Now I'm here to repay the favor." She kissed my cheek before pulling me to my feet.
"C'mon, lets get you some fresh air."

"I....okay! Yeah, s..sure!" Clem chuckled at my awkwardness.

"You're too cute, Vi."

"I'm not fucking cute! I'm dangerou-"

"Woah there!" Clem grabbed me and held me against her.
"Almost fell down the stairs, dummy."

"Oh......" my cheeks redden with embarrassment.
"Can you...lead me out....?"

"Yes, babe. You're so adorableeeeee."

I groaned in protest as I walked with her down the stairs.

A/N: slowly getting in the groove for this fandom again. Not saying im back for forever but ya know, im here for now lol