there you are

[Clouis] [Clementine has been serving in the Army for 5 years now. With threats of another world war raging, Louis worries his wife won't make it home for their 3 year wedding anniversary.] [Yeah, I'm making a fluff oneshot cuz this song's beautiful and haven't I caused enough trauma with the other oneshots😂]

Louis' POV

3 years.
3 years tomorrow.
It'll be 3 years since the magical day that changed it all.
3 years since I said "I do."
3 years of love.
3 years of fights.
3 years of "I'm sorry" 's
3 long years.

"Totally worth it," I smiled as I facetimed Clementine.

"How's Violet?," Clementine asked as she laid in her cot. Explosions can be clearly heard in the background, causing me to go into panic.
"Relax, they're watching WWZ in the next room over at FULL VOLUME!" I sighed in relief.

"She and Minnie are on a date," I replied as I looked over my shoulder to find Violet and Minerva cuddling on my couch watching SheRa.

"Awe, I miss them. Not as much as I miss you though," Clem pouted.

"We'll be together soon, my love. Nothing will keep up apart forever."

"Not even a world war?"

"Nope," I smiled as Violet walked over to peak into the camera.

"Don't lose anymore limbs, orange," Violet joked. Clementine rolled her eyes and waved her prosthetic leg in the camera.

"I'll try not to but no promise, Purple."

"Good enough for me, you're a lucky man Lou. She's funny." I noticed Clementine blushed as I focused on her.

"I wish I could be there with you guys."

"Me too. But we'll have plenty of time to watch Netflix and eat greasy food when you come back." My wife nodded.

"Gotta go. Night training." she blew a kiss before hanging up, leaving me with a strained heart.

"She'll be home soon, Lou-Lou," Minnie spoke to me as she motioned for me to come over and watch Netflix. I shrugged my shoulders and sat on the floor, back pressed against the couch as the opening credits played out.

"Hey," Violet placed a firm hand on my shoulder.
"Hug?"

"Hug," my voice cracked as Minnie and Violet wrapped their arms around me as silent tears escaped my eyelids and rolled down my cheeks. We must have stayed in the hug for a while as I only realized the ending credits illuminatinh on the screen as my tears subsided. Minerva went into my room and grabbed Clem's blanket and wrapped it around me as Violet went to go make us ice cream sundaes, the same ritual I would do for Clem whenever she was in a slump.

"I feel like a baby," I sniffled as Violet handed me my sundae.

"You are one," Violet remarked as she daps whipped cream onto my nose.
"A big baby but we love baby lou lou."

"Wah wah bitch imma baby."

Minerva buried her face into her hands.

"Please, no."

We all laughed as we rewinded SheRa to actually watch the episode. One episode turned into two, two turned into four, and before we knew it, it was 6:42 a.m.

"I'M CALLING OFF," Minerva loudly yawned as she plopped down face first into my sofa. Violet was passed out on the floor, clutching her bowl of vanilla ice cream and fudge residue as I sat besides her with burning red eyes and dark bags underneath them. Minnie was quickly subduded as she began to snore as I walked to my room to enjoy a few hours of rest before the day.
_______________________________________
"You'll be devastated."
"You'll be missed, Clementine."
She walked over towards me, wearimg her usual attire of a blue denim jacket with a black tee, ripped jeans, and her "D" marked baseball cap her father gave her before he passed. Something seemed off though. She looked at me and her eyes were pure black.

"See you on the other side," she smiled as she melted into the floorboards. Explosions and guns firing off blaired around me as Clementine stood a mere 10 feet from me. In her camo uniform, she held an AK-47 and was firing back at whatever in the vast darkness. Her eyes caught mine as she stood up to greet me. I smiled as I began to close the distance between us. One single bullet fired off and entered her skull as I was within fingertips reach of her. She fell to the ground as blood pooled around her and flow out of her mouth. Her eyes were permanently staring into mine as I croutched besides her and held my Clementine.

"Dreadful sorry, Clementine" echoed as the world flooded into darkness.
_______________________________________

"Makin bacon pancakes, take some bacon and you put it inna pancake, bacon pancakes, that's what we gotta make, bacon panCAaAaAaKesSSS-"

"IN NEW YORRRRRKKK, CONCRETE JUNGLE WET DREAM TOMATO-"

I abruptly awaken two the lesbian duo in the kitchen jamming along to my Alexa as they cook none other than-

"Bacon pancakes," Minerva smiled as she seated me at the dining room table.
"And sunny side up eggs, golden brown hashbrowns, biscuits and sausage gravy."

The assortment of food smelt so wonderful and tasted even better.

"Bruh," I spoke with a full mouth. "This is so fucking good."

Violet poured me a cup of raspberry tea, also perfectly tasting. I looked st my watch and realize its 2 o'clock and  I still had horrible bed head.

"Clementine called," Violet sipped at her coffee.
"She said something about a war-"

I spat out my tea and choked.

"IS SHE OKAY?"

Violet looked at me with sadness in her eyes and my worries clouded ny mind.

"She'll be okay, Lou," Minerva tried to reassure me.

"I....I gotta get ready," I whispered as I try to not think of the possibility.
The very plasible possibility that she's dead. That a world war claimed her life and thousand of others will follow her fate. Or was she captured as a war criminal and sentenced to torture? Was she immediately killed? Was she even on this Earth anymore?

I looked back at my watch. 2:54 P.M. I drank another glass of red wine. Aniexty and fear crept up my spine as I fear the worst.

"Can I get you anything else sir?" The waitress asked and before I could answer, a familiar voice spoke up.

"The "Three cheers for three years" Italian pasta please. Can I also get a lemonade?" Clementine sat across me, wearing her military uniform, looking as beautiful as ever.

"I'll be right back," the waitress left, leaving just me and my beautiful wife.

"CLEM!" She smiled as she took my hands into hers.

"Yeah, sorry I'm late. Rosie wouldn't leave me alone, right girl?" I looked down besides Clem's chair to find her loyal special needs pup, Rosie, sitting patiently at her feet.
"Ptsd is a bitch," she sighed.

"I was so worried about you."

"Well I'm here now. And it looks like I'll be here for a while." She handed me her platnium medal of bravery.
"Things were...rough. But I'm here with you for our 3 year anniversary." She blew me a kiss as Rosie pawed at my leg, wanting some attention. I petted her head as Violet and Minerva spotted us.

"Orange is back!!!," Minerva yelled from the enterance. Everyone looked at us as we exchanged hugs and shoulder punches.

"Awww, pupper," Violet crouched down and petted Rosie who in returned, licked the blonde's cheek.

"Things haven't changed in 3 years huh," Clementine laughed as she reseated herself besides me.

"Nope. Not at all."