caraphernelia

Kar- ahh- fur- nell- lee- ahh (n.); a broken heart disease where someone leaves but leaves all of their things behind.] [Modern Heartbreak AU]

What's so good about picking up the pieces?
What if I don't even want to?

You came and left.
You loved and lost.
My love for you burned passionately,
Now I struggle to keep myself warm after your destruction which has left me estingushed.

What if I can't forget about you?

I sit here, alone, in my room. I used to love things, have hope, smile. I forgot how to do anything besides cry. My fingers grow cold and ache as I pressed the piano keys to play a familiar tune, the only song I seemed to remember playing without sheet music. My eyes struggled to hold back the tears as they dripped down my cheeks and bounced on the keys. Music only reminded me of you.

I'll burn your name in my throat
I'll be the fire that'll catch you!

I looked in the mirror, gazing at myself. My green shirt was stained with tears and my leather coat was worn and ripping. I really was letting myself go. My cheeks were stained from all the tears I've shed and my eyes were red and puffy. If only things could've ended differently.

Hold my heart
It's beating for you anyways

Gripping my dirty dreadlocks, I reached for a pair of scizzors.

Snip

Snip

Snip

I kept cutting as locks of hair fell to my feet. I was a broken man, with a broken heart, and even more broken hair.

"I give up. You win Violet. You....always...fucking.....win," I slammed my fist into the wall besides the mirror, crackling at the structure and bruising my knuckles.

"This is so fucking dumb," I sighed as I dried my tears. My eyes focused on the poloroid photo we all took. I wore Vi's beanie, Vi wore Clem's hat and Clem was asleep in bed. I grabbed the photo and a thousand emotions flowed through my veins. I was happy, yet sad. Depressed, yet vengeful. I really was broken.

"You just had to fall for her too huh?! You couldn't let me enjoy one goddamn thing!" I balled up my fists and began to punch at my mirror. Punching until my hands were covered in blood and cut up from the glass.

"Fucking Aldon....you took her away from me....now I'm going to ruin you." The scent of her still lingers in my bed and so do our memories. They do not fade away easily in the washing machine and no amount of praying could ever change the fact I still adore you and all that you do. Nothing changes the fact I'm still head over heels for you. People change for the weather, not the better. So why did you change, Clementine?
_______________________________________
"I love you, Louis."

"She hates me."

"Can't wait until our wedding date."

"She wants to break up with me the night before our wedding."

"Can't wait to spend forever with you."

"You'd rather kill me right now than admit you're having an affair."

"I missed you."

"I didn't cross your mind."

"Gonna check in on Violet, I'll be back soon."

"I'm taking your best friend and making her my lover."

I've gotten used to your lies and how to decode them. You were always suspicious of me doing you dirty but look, you were the one with stained fingertips! You were the one to lead me on and on like I was a dog on a leash. To hell went our love, to hell went our marriage, if I knew things were gonna be this bad, I'd ditched that first night we met. To hell you'll rot Clementine. And to you, Violet, may Heaven have mercy on your soul.
_______________________________________
Looking at the boxes of items and belongings you had left here, I only found one reasonable solution to all of this: start fresh, start a new- burn this entire place to the goddamn ground. One match is all it'll take. Just a spark to light up the darkness, the darkness you've left me in.

What's so good about picking up the pieces? None of the colors ever light up anymore in this hole....