dèjá vú (part two)

[Continuation from Part One]

Louis stayed back at the school with Aasim and the others. Me, Violet, AJ and Brody decided to go fishing. I felt safe with Violet more so than with Louis.

"Maybe we will catch a giant fish," AJ smiled as we walked through the dark, dense forest, nearing our usual fishing spot. I smiled at his postivite attitude in this undead, rotting world. Then again, this is the only world he has known....

"Hey Clem!," Brody yelled, taking me out of my thoughts. "Look at what Violet caught!" Violet stood besides Brody, holding a massive fish, probably a bass.

"See Clem, I told you," laughed AJ as he stared at the great fish.

"Bitch fish is wetter than Cle-"

"VIOLET," Brody yelled as she nudged her in the back. Violet laughed as she put the fish in the bucket. I shook my head as I blushed, turning away from the blonde lesbian.

AJ grabbed a spear and watched the waters as Brody and Violet came up from behind me. I felt Violet's warm body hugging me close, her strong arms gripping me tight. Brody smiled and joined in the hug.

"If this is what love feels like, then I wanna feel this forever," I happily sighed. If only that moment lasted forever. But it didn't, nothing ever lasts.

Forcibly toren from my grasps, Violet was yanked from me.

"Minnie, stop!" Violet cried out.
"I knew it! You're with her?!" She threw Violet to the ground and faced me. Her strawberry blonde hair falling onto her blood stained cheek. Her pair of green eyes struck me, catching me off guard. She examined me, as if she knew how to destroy me, piece by piece.
"How could you, Violet?" Her voice broke. She turned and looked at the terrified blonde on the ground. "I loved you, cared for you...I...wasn't I enough?"

Violet frowned and got back onto her feet. "Don't play the fucking victim card. The Delta took you, Marlon gave you away. I was a fool for being heartbroken over you. Clem's a better catch than you anyways."

Minerva shook her head in disbelief before looking at Brody. She crossed her arms at the sight of Minnie.

"Brody-"
"Save it. All you ever did was hurt Violet, hurt me. Even Sophie. God, I prayed that girl turned out better than you."
"She's dead. She died protecting the Delta. A hero."
The woods laid quiet as the sadness rolled in like a tide.

"I still have feelings, Brody. If you'd give me a chanc-"

"So you beg for my love and then move to the best friend?! Some fucking bitch you are!" Violet snapped.

Minerva snapped her head and stared at Violet and I as we held hands.

"You will get them all killed, Clementine. Mark my words." And just like that, as swiftly as she came, she disappeared into the dark woods. I looked up at Brody, who was red in the face and blue in the heart. Violet walked up to her and hugged her tight as she cried into her shoulder.

"I'm sorry," she sniffled.
"It's okay, Brody. We accept you for you. And I'd have it no other way."

AJ walked from the supply shack to us, witnessing us in a giant group hug.

"What did I miss?"

Brody dried her eyes and looked at AJ.

"Not much."

"Just old drama," Vi sighed as she took out her cleaver and chopped one of AJ's fishes and fed the head to Rosie. "Good girl. Now lets go home."

Minerva will be back...and I bet she will bring people with her....gotta be ready for her.