the red string

[Photo and AU credits from @ thederpartist on IG, go follow her she's amazing!!!] [Ever since Violet and Clementine kissed on the old bell tower that night, Violet sees a red string, attatching from her right ring finger to Clementine's left ring finger] (Cuz that has to do with love ig??? Idk) [Violet is the only one who can see this and she must understand this 'power']

Violet's POV
I don't think this is a chain. It doesn't have a limit, I don't think. I mean I'm in my room and Clem is out hunting. And I see the red string going from my finger, down the hallway, out to the courtyard, and outside of Erickson, continuing on more after that. I can't remove it, I CAN tug it though. It seems Clem runs to me when I do it when she's in the next room over or outside....

"Clementine's back," AJ knocked at my door. My cheeks became hot and my lips formed a smile. AJ smiled as well. "Awww, you missed her." I rolled my eyes and gently nudge AJ in the shoulder.

"When you grow up, you'll understand," I laughed as AJ sticked his tongue out in disgust and went to play with Tenn and Rosie. I look down at my hand.

Yup, still there. Well, even if I'm the only one that can see it, at least I know these feelings Clem has for me are real. She's attatched and...I guess I am too.

I gently tug on the string and lay down on my bed, waiting for Clementine to find me. A few moments passed before I heard knocking at the door. With my eyes closed, trying to doze off into slumber I mumble "Go away."

"Well that's rude to say to your girlfriend," Clementine smirked as she entered my room. I jumped out of bed, into her arms. She nearly fell to the ground if it wasn't for her back pressed up against the wall.

"Well someone's missed me." I blushed a little and walked back to my bed, motioning her to come sit next to me. She sighed loudly and overly dramatically, but still sat next to me and kissed my neck. I intertwined my fingers with her and stared at her loving eyes of gold. Getting lost in them, I felt her soft lips steal a kiss from mine. I smile and giggle as I steal another kiss back. I look down at the red string wrapping around us, like vines in a jungle. Clementine rested her head on my shoulder, my face burning bright red. Her sleepy eyes examining me as she let the drowsiness overcome her. Her soft snores were the only sounds in the room, the only sounds I cared to hear. Her hand still holding mine, her smaller, softer hand. The string glowed a bright red shine, in tuned to Clementine's breathing.
"This sense of attatchment and love, it's all I've ever needed. And I hope this moment never ends, so long as this string marks our connection-" I kissed her forehead. "-I will protect you, my little wildflower."

"Wallflower, dumbass," she responds half asleep.

"Nah, you're wild." Clem shot up from her nap and attacked me in a series of hugs, tickles and kisses, my weakness against her.