give me a reason to start again

"A lot of people have died because of me," I sighed as I laid my back against the wall, sitting on my bed.
"I bring nothing but misery and death everywhere I go." Grabbing my crutches, I began to limp towards the door.

"Maybe things could've ended differently if I were around...." As I reached for the doorknob, I heard AJ's and Violet's laughter. I quickly scramble to my bed and close my eyes. The door creaked open and they both enter, now whispering.

"You're funny lil man. Alright, I'm going to my room for a nap. Watch over Clem for me?"

"Of course."

"Thanks. C'mon Rosie." She used Rosie as a "seeing eye" dog now that she was rather quite blind....all because of me....

"Wait," I mumbled as I sat up in bed.  AJ and Violet stared at me as if I was some sort of alien foriegn to their eyes.
"I'm sorry."

Violet walked over to me, placing one hand on my cheek and the other over her heart.

"Sorry for what, love?" She smiled as if she wasn't just in a horrific accident.

"I'm sorry I abbandoned you when you needed me the most," faint tears streaked their ways into my eyes as I stared at the blonde beauty.
"I'm sorry you hate me because of that. I'm sorry I didn't run after you. I...I-"

"Louis needed you as much as I did. I'm happy you saved him. Things could've probably ended alot worse."

"But, Vi, I-"

She pressed her lips against mine, shutting me up like she always do.

"You give me a reason to keep on living," she finally spoke after a long kiss. "I can't really see much but as long as I got you, got this school and the shitheads in it, I'll keep fighting."

I stared at her, the way her dirty blonde hair fell across her face, partly covering her bandages. I admired her lime green eyes that shinned even when I lost all hope. I've memorized my lover and all of her flaws that make her so unique, I wanted to be better for her, for us, for the school.

"If you keep staring, I'm going to call Louis," AJ pipped up. Me and Violet glanced back at the kid.

"HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN HERE?!," I asked.

"This IS my room too," he smiled as he turned around to continue his drawing.

"Next time we're going to your room, Vi," I chuckled.

"Agreed."
_______________________________________

"Give me a reason to keep on living," I groaned in pain as I laid on Violet's bed.

"Sex."

I stared at Violet with my signature stare I usually give AJ when he does something bad.

"Give me another reason to not stab you."

"Lets see ummm. This." She kissed my cheek as she rested her head into my chest.
"I like when you're the big spoon."

"I like being the big spoon too," I traced my finger over her cheeks into little star and heart patterns.
"But I mostly like you."

Violet smiled, a toothy grin warming my bitter cold heart. "I like you alot too."

Silence filled the air but not that awkward silence everyone hates. This is the peaceful silence of love. Two hearts intertwined and a connection is born and only grows as strong as the will of the two hearts lets it be. I looked down at my lover as she smiles listening to my beating heart.

This gives me a reason. In this moment, I am complete.