do you?

"Do you love me?"

4 words ranged in my head like a bell. An annoying bell. On repeat.

"Do you love me?"

I subpressed my urges to tell her the truth and went on about my day. My phone vibrated in my pocket and that question ranged once more in my head. Surely it wasn't her, right?

(1) New Message:
💜: Do you love me?

Swallowing the cold lump that formed in my throat, I power down my phone and went to work. Ugh, Retail.
I hated it with every fiber of my being but money is money. Had to pay the rent somehow. As I grabbed my purple coat from my locker, I saw her standing there.
Of fucking course she worked today.

"You don't love me anymore do you?" Who knew 7 words could break me in such a way that I couldn't speak. She shrugged her shoulders and left without uttering another word. Who knew one sentence could destroy me so much. My shift srnt by fairly quick, they even let me go home ssrly 'cyz the place was so dead. As I walked home, my phone vibrated again. I grabbed it and looked at it.

1 missed call and 1 new voice message.

Clicking on the message it was those 4 words that seemed to follow me, uttered from her lips.

"Do you love me?"

I got home, undressed and laid in my bed. I couldn't eat dinner. I couldn't play with the dog. I just laid there wishing for Death to strike me dead. But, no, I was here. I was alive. As sadness rolled in and the tears crashed onto my pillow, just when slumber almost overcame me, she appeared in my window.

"It's usually open," she lighthearted laughed as I opened the window, welcoming her in. I didn't know what to do, did I break her heart?

"Minerva-"

"Save it, Vi." Her words were harsh but that's what I expected. Love hurts.
I walked one step forwards towards her, she stepped back the same distance.
"I'm just here to grab my hoodie."

And, of course, it was the one I was wearing.

"Hear me out," I begged. "I-I-I..." Words were hard. Being a lesbian was harder. Being a fuctional lesbian who could speak, damn near impossible! And yet, words didn't fit well in my stomach. Not as well as our lips did in that moment of strength, weakiness, love, fear, I loved her. She grabbed my waist and pulled me in closer for another smootch as the moonlight perfectly striked us.

We both pulled away breathless and blushed.

"Wanna spend the night?," I ask sheepishly.

"Only if I can wear your purple hoodie."

"Deal."

As she cozzied herself besides me, I unlocked my phone to text her back.

Yes. I love you, Minnie ♡

And send.