gunslingers

[Wild Wild West AU; Louis and Clem are the best gunslinging best friend duo in the West. All those who've crossed their paths never lived to tell the tale. That is, until an unlikely duo rides into town....]

Clementine's POV
"Well well, partner," I smiled as I inhailed from my cigar. "Another successful day." The darker toned man stood besides me, his left hand gripping a glass mug of beer and his right hand on his trusty gun.

"Indeed, Clementine." He slowly sipped his drink as he gazed off into the horizon. "A barren landscape of sand and misery."

"And beer." Louis turned towards me, gently brushing against his thick, black beard.

"Plenty of be-" An arrow struck the top of his hat, impailing it against the bar's brick wall behind us.

"What in heaven's name?" 2 silloutetes of horses stampeded towards us.

"Take cover!" Louis yelled as we retreated inside the bar. Dozens of half drunken people laid on the floors and barstools, barely paying us so much as a glance as we hopped over the countertops.

The newcomers' horses haulted at the bar stall doors and two people walked into the bar, holding bows drawn at the ready.

"Well howdy," the blonde spoke, not even the slightest bit of guilt in her voice. Her hair was short and unkept, mostly hidden underneath her leathery hat with "Texas Two" engraved on the gold star. Her attire was that of a pale purple sleeveless shirt, navy blue jeans and dirt brown spurred boots. A speckled bloodied bandana laid across her neck, I could tell she was not going back down. Besides her was a child, not much older than 11. His much darker completion obviously explained it wasn't her child. His face was covered in a black and white bandana from the nose down but his scarred face and bloodlust filled eyes also proved he wasn't a force to be reckoned with. And neither were we.

"Give us all yer gold and we'll leave you alive," the boy spoke. Louis stood firmly with his gun in hand, finger grazing over the trigger.

"How about you two leave while you still can," Louis threatened. His firm grip around the gun tightened.

"Gimme the girl and I'll leave," the blonde spoke.

"I'll die before I give Clem up!"

"I can arrange that." An evil smirk appeared on her face as she lowered her bow. "The name's Violent Violet. This here be Dead Tenn." I lowered my gun but Louis did not ease up.
"I mean ya no harm, I swears it." I looked at Louis as he looked at me and lowered his gun.

"What's a duo like yalls doin in these parts anyhow?" Louis asked as he poured himself a shot of whiskey.

"Lets just say, we like to live in the now," Dead Tenn spoke as he reached for his canteen.

"Yeah, what the boy said. We like travelin, gunslinging folks, and getting rich." Violent Violet smiled as she grabbed a bottle of whiskey.

"And you almost killed us for?" Louis asked.

Violet swallowed half of the bottle and looked up at us.

"You seemed like easy targets from far away. Guess I was a bit wrong. You two got fire in ya, I like that." She turned away on her heels, headed for the door.
"It's a sure damn shame we gotta kill yall."

"Wait wh-" Louis couldn't finish the sentence before a arrow entered his chest. He cletched the wound as it bled onto his clothes and the floor. His eyes went dim as his soul left his body. The half drunken patreons of the bar all scrambled a different way out of the bar, a few laid dead on the ground as my gunshots ringed out. I took cover behind the bar next to my dead partner.

"I'll make them pay," I whispered as I dried my teary eyes. When all the noise and panic settled, they were gone like the wind. I stood outside the bar, gripping my gun in hand. The faint trail of horse hooves laid in the sandy ground beneath my boots. I was sure they would return and kill me off as well. Until then, I was sheriff. And I'll be damned if they walked away alive next time.

"So long, Partner," looking into the baby blue skies, it was just past high noon. And his blood stained my clothes.