just dreaming of tearing you apart

[Clementine was bitten when the epidemic first occurred, leaving her immune to the disease that killed 75+ percent of the human population. Over a decade later, the dormant virus that laid embedded within her dna fights with her remaining humanity for control of her being. Yet no one can know....]

"Dreadful sorry, Clem," Louis whispered as he knelt besides me, holding Minerva's axe.
"We both knew this day would come." He swung the axe in the air like a baseball bat.
"So sorry, Violet had to die just for you to get the message." He looked at Violet's cross half buried in the dirt.
"Violet was right. Love'll only get you killed." I growled at him as he smiled and laughed at my futile struggle with the chains around my arms and legs.
"Lets face it Clem. Did you really think you could be immune? Everyone dies," he stood up and gripped the axe as he swung it over his head.
"Even you."
I awaken, gasping for air, sweat dripping down my forehead.

"Clem," Louis grabbed my hand, looking at me with much concern and sorrow.
"You were having one of those nightmares...again." He rubbed my arm as I laid back down next to him.
"What's wrong, Clem?"

"Nothing, Louis," I yawned as I pulled the blanket back over us.
"Just go back to bed."

"Was it about the bite?" I shot up from the bed and looked at him.
"Geez, if you don't want to talk about the dog bite-"

"Louis," I sighed as I threw the covers off of me.
"I'm fine," I grabbed my white hoodie and boots.

"Clemmmm," Louis whinned.
"Violet would've wanted you to stay." I whinced at the memoey of her...dying to protect us....being mauled by walkers...

I cleared my throat.
"Me and AJ will do a quick scout around and be back before sunrise."

He pouted as I got dressed.
"Promise?"

I kissed him on his cheek.
"I promise, my love."
_______________________________________
Blood.
Coppery red.
Oxiodized against my teeth as I bit into the flesh of a random survivor.
Sharp canines piercing his juggular as his screams silenced.
Tearing into his flesh until I was satisfied and full.
I lick my lips as my dull, grey, lifeless eyes return to the golden honey orbs of brown.
The paleness of my skin fades as my tanned colour returns.
The blood of my victim stained on my hands and teeth as I wipe my face on my sleeve.

"You're staring again," I wipped at AJ. He shrugged his shoulders before pointing his flashlight at the corpse.
"I CAN control it." He sighed as he walked over to me.

"For how long though. What if you attack Louis or Ruby...or me?" I felt an overwhelming urge to bite, to allow myself to give in to the virus, I was twitching, but I stood firm and composed myself.
"See?!"

I took a deep breath before turning back around.
"I wouldn't hurt you guys."

"You wouldn't. What about Walker Clem?"

Walker Clem. I've always hated the nickname he gave my..."condition".

"She won't come after you or the others. I swear." Out of the corner.of my eye, I spotted the missing stray survivor flashing his flashlight onto his buddy's body.
"MINE!," I growled as my eyes went pale once more in a useless bid against my alter ego. I pounced on the man and growled as he tried to escape my clutches. The man reached for his pistol but was just out of reach as I began to bit into his neck and then claw into his ribs, fingertips ripping apart his skin as I searched for a hidden treasure buried deep beneath layers upon layers of flesh and bones.

"Clem," AJ sighed as I regain control over my body. I wiped my face and looked back at the mauled bodies.
"Help me throw them in the river." I nodded and dragged the blonde boy by his ankles as AJ dragged what little remained of the first victim. The river wasn't calm nor a racing rapid. It was calm and steady, perfect for a nice river bath....or disposal of a few mauled bodies.

"AJ, look at me, AJ." The kid looked at me with sorrow in his big brown eyes.
"I'm Clem. I'm your friend, mother, I love you. And I'd never hurt you."

"Love you too, Clem." He pulled out his pistol and aimed it at me.
"Which is why doing this hurts me more than it hurts you."

I stood there frozen.
"Shoot me then. Get it over with," I walked closer to him.
"Kill me! KILL ME, AJ!"

"I CAN'T," he threw the gun down.
"I. Can't." He sat on the rocks as I knelt besides him.
"I don't have bullets. Even if I did, I still couldn't kill you."

"I admit, I suck at controlling this, illness, so to speak. At least, around strangers. I can control it around you guys." AJ felt some comfort from my words.

"Do you like the taste of humans," AJ asked me.

"Eh. Each human tastes different," I pointed to the unrecognizable body floating down the river.
"He tasted alot better than blondie over here," I pushed the corpse into the river and watched as their lifeless bodies floated downstrean, away from anyone who would've guessed a half walker/half human mauled them to death. I leaned into the river to wash off my face and hands, enough to pass as me killing walkers and humans rather than feasting upon them.

"Home?," AJ asked.

"Home, where hopefully Omar is making deer gumbo and rabbit skewars." As we headed back home, I felt a bit more human-like within myself. Then again, I did just eat two people.....it was probably that.