dreaming of ghosts

Find me in your dreams
I won't stay but I won't go
Find me in your dream
Or stay alone

- Ace of Hearts / Find Me In Your Dreams
_________

"Clem? Clem! CLEMENTINE!" I turned around to see Louis standing amongst a field of wild flowers and beautifully overgrown greenery. He had that dopey cute smile on his face that made me fall so in love with him. Tangerine skies complemented with lush white clouds that you'd dare try to take a bite out of. The sun's warm rays felt perfect on my skin as I stared at the one who got away. Not by means of our own. He was sick and dying from cancer. We both knew his days were numbered but seeing him once more made me feel whole again.

"Louis? How could this..." my voice trailed off as he hugged me.

"Lets just stay here. Together. For as long as we can." I nodded as I embraced him, squeezing him tighter as the rustic scent of his father's worn jacket engulfed me in its aroma. "I've never stopped loving you."

"Neither have I." I smiled as I looked up at his freckled cheeks, his dreadlocks that were a bit unkempt and the eyes that shined like stars in the heavens.

"One day, we'll truly be together again. I'll wait an eternity for you, my Clementine." His touch became less physical as his body became see-through. "Find me in your dreams, my Clementine. I won't stay but I'll never go." He flashed me one last smile before he vanished away ad the ear-shrieking noise of my alarm clock sounded off. I grumbled swears as I disabled the clock and stared up in my bed.

"I'll find you, Louis. I promise."

____

[A/N: sad, short and sweet oneshot cuz i love this song and bcuz hey, maybe ill work on sum longer soon. :) ]