a night to remember

Summertime was always my favorite season. The way the tangerine coloured sun kissed my skin with its fiery passion. The way the skies overhead would scream baby blue and then blush gently into the most amazing sunset in the evenings, flourishing with tangerine and warm summer colours. The way frigid waters of the ocean welcomed my warmed body. My favorite part of the whole ordeal was probably-

“Clementine! Save some hot water for me,” her voice crashed against my eardrums and I was taken back into reality. My wet, curly hair covering my eyes, soap suds everywhere and the sudden temperature change from steaming hot to iceberg cold. Mustering up the nerve to, I quickly rinse off in the frozen water as my shrieks of pain became audible. Violet rushed inside the bathroom as I turned off the water.

“Are you okay,” she panicked. I peeked my head out of the shower curtain and nodded as I grabbed my towel and disappeared behind the royal purple barrier. I wrapped the cotton towel around myself before exiting my damp prison, to be greeted by a blushing Violet.

“Awww, you’re sooo cute,” I laughed. She only blushed harder and looked away.

“Shut up.” She pushed me aside and grabbed her towels from underneath the sink. "I'll go shower at Lou's. You comin with?" I smiled, Louis was back in Atlanta for the summer. He has been the biggest supporter of me and Vi, always waiting for the day we would get married so he can go all out for us. In secret, I've been planning today for the longest, I just hope Violet loves it.

"Sure, just gimme 5 minutes." Violet left the bathroom, leaving me alone to my thoughts once more. As I stared at the fogged glass mirror, my mind began to wander.

I hope Louis has his hot tub working. A night under the stars with Violet...I like the sound of that.

The cold air from the air conditioning kissed my damp skin, caughting me my surprise. I quickly slathered on my lotion and deodorant before staring in awe at my closet. Blindly, I picked a simple blush pink tank top and black jean shorts to become my outfit for the day. Violet, still in her boxers and Metallica t-shirt, stared in awe at myself.

"I...um. shit. Wow, you look amazing Clem," her eyes shined brighter than diamonds. Walking over to her, I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks as my heart fiercy pounded in my chest. Staring into her emerald green eyes, I find myself greeted by her coffee laced lips, indulging on my citrus smile. Her taste was addictive and interiging, I could spend eternity tracing my lips over hers. Simply our lungs, on the other hand, felt that eternity was too long of a wait. As we desperately pulled apart to intake air, the only thought that crossed my mind was spending eternity with her.

"Cmon," Violet gasped, still out of breath. "Lets go to Lou's." Following the blonde to her black '69 Mustang Boss 429 Classic, I still am captivated at the sight of it. Louis gifted her this car when her old "hoopty" was totalled. I'll never forget the look on both of their faces, his in joy and happiness, Violet's in overwhelmingness and thankfulness. Both of their faces gave the same look when I simply ask "Can I drive?" They both snapped their necks towards me in a look of horror and stinginess.

Geez you crash 4 cars, total 2 of em, and you're a "bad driver."

"After you," she opened the door for me and I thanked her as I stepped into the vehicle. "You've kept him in great shape." Violet climbed in and put the keys in the ignition.

"I know right. I love this car as much as I love-"

"Me?"

"Chicken nuggets." The blonde smirked as I folded my arms over my chest, half ass sulking.
"Awe, c'mon babe. I love you waaayyy more than nuggets." I look over to the blonde, driving smoothly down the busy streets. A familiar warm sensation spread across my cheeks as I stare at her, her sharp jawline, her lemonade coloured hair, her subtle muscular physique.