Chapter fifty-six: Little 'helpers'

"Six" Alex said, "Where are you?" Alex shrugged, as another chop from the Chefs butchers knife made contact with the meat and chopping board. The three teens covered their ears.

"Well if she is here then she better do something about this cook! He's probably violating a hundred rules of cooking just by standing there!" Cheyenne said, Dylan nodded his head, although he didn't take Food Technology, he guessed Cheyenne knew what she was on about.

"Well I say we give him a hand" Dylan said, "Alex, where's the storage room in this place. I bet if we lead him to more than just meat, he'll have some better dishes than just..." Dylan looked around the room, eyeing the counters covered in only one type of food. "Meat" Dylan finished.
The Nome tugged on Dylan's dirty wreaked school shirt. "What?" He asked. The Nome pointed to an open cupboard full of tins and packets of food varying from vegetables to pasta to custard. Untouched, watching the Chef dissect some more meat. The three teens smiled, liking the creatures plan.

"Yeah, let's add some colour to this guy's life" Cheyenne said, they all nodded as their plan began to unfold.

The three teens smiled as they crept under the very counter that the Chef was working under. Unsurprisingly, chopping up more meat.

"Now what?" Cheyenne asked, peeking out from their hiding place, they all turned to Alex, he too, looking up.

"We climb" he said, staring at the open cupboard.

"But won't he catch us and shove us in an oven or something?" Cheyenne asked.

"Not if we used that ink up your sleeve" Dylan said, raising his eyebrows at the girl to give her a hint. She nodded.

"Huh?" Alex said in confusion, staring at his friends.

"You'll see" Dylan said, as he began to climb, the Nome copying him and Alex and Cheyenne following close behind. Then, when Cheyenne was level with the cupboard door, she leapt onto the handle and swung herself inside.

"Hey rhino!" Cheyenne yelled, the Chef looked up, "When is the last time you had your 5-a-day?" She asked, the Chef sounded like he was growling, however, it was disoriented by the mask he was wearing. Cheyenne picked up a tin of sweet corn. "Well maybe you should start by having at least one today!" She yelled and threw the tin, hitting the Chef in the head. He growled louder.

Cheyenne looked up at her friends who were safely on some wooden boards, out of the Chefs  reach. She nodded before leaping out of the cupboard, just about avoiding the Chefs sausage fingers.

She hoped that gravity would be her friend today.

She closed her eyes, only opening them when her fall was broken by something.
No. Someone.

She looked down and saw strings of ink flowing out of her body.
"Bendy" she said, as a growl from the Chef reminded her to run.