Chapter twelve: Fight or flight?

TWENTY MINUTES LATER:

"We're here" Sans said, looking up at a familiar building. Although Dylan knew where here was, it didn't look like it there.

When Dylan first saw it in the game, he had applauded the developers for making the graphics of the castle on point. It had been one of his most favourite parts of the game. How the castle was all lit up from the glow of the Underground, but as he looked at it now, it filled him with dread. Just like Toriel's house, it was overrun with weeds, broken down and looked like it was screaming.

"What happened to the castle?!" Dylan said through the shock. Sans looked at it in sadness.

"It has been left untouched for almost over a century" Sans said, "As there is no King, there is no need for a castle"

Dylan stared at the skeleton almost in anger.

"You could of saved it" he said, "If you had become King, you could of saved it"
Sans shook his head.

"I don't deserve it" he said, "Not now..."

"Why?" Dylan asked,

"I've let him down buddy" he said sadly, "I've let them all down..."
Dylan shook his head in disagreement.

"There's still hope" he said, almost begging the skeleton. Sans refused and started to head into the castle.

Inside was just as horrible, the windows broken and some of the floor cracked, weeds escaping from it.

"There you are Sans!" Said a familiar voice, "Oh! And you brought your new friend" Stood a couple of feet away was a small, yellow figure, his lab coat was obviously recognisable to Dylan.

"Alphys!" Dylan said excitedly. The monster came up to greet him,

"I see that Sans has told you about me" he said happily, "Greetings! I am Alphys, I am-" he stopped, "-I was the King's scientist" he finished, Dylan felt a pang of sympathy flood across him.

"He must have the worst of it" he thought to himself,

"Come now Sans, I think I've finally managed to invent something to get your hopes up" Alphys said and hurried down the corridor, the two boys following behind.

When they finally reached the lab, there was a very surprising figure waiting for them.

"Hey friend!" They said, Dylan jumped back in surprise,

"FLOWEY!" He yelled, the flower laughed, this was the last thing Dylan wanted to see.

"Oh! Hey Sans! Long time no see!" Flowey said, smiling at the skeleton.

"Psycho" Sans replied. The flower laughed again. "Alphys, what is he doing here?" Sans asked. Alphys adjusted his glasses and began to explain.

"Well Sans, Flowey here has a little something about him that makes him helpful" he said,

"What is it?" Dylan asked curiously,

"Well" Alphys replied, "Flowey has small amounts of DNA" he tuned to Sans, "Of them"

"What!" Sans yelled, stepping back,

"Let me explain" Alphys Said, "The reason why we didn't see their bodies fully when we found them Sans is because Flowey had already started eating their remains" he said,

"They weren't the tastiest" The flower interrupted,

"However, by doing so, he has managed to store some DNA from them" he said, "Now it's only a little amount but I think it's enough"

"So what your telling me is-" Sans said, getting cut off by Alphys,

"-Yes Sans, we could potentially get them back"
In what felt like forever, an actual smile came to Sans' face.

"Then do it Alphys! Get them back!" He said excitedly,

"Very well" he replied and began to get to work.

"Hey Dylan" Sans said after a few seconds, "Do you mind coming out with me for a sec?" Sans asked, Dylan nodded and left Alphys. However, as he walked out he caught a glimpse of a black and white...

"Well buddy" Sans said, "It seems like this will be a good ending after all" he stopped, "Now all I need to do is-" before he could finish, a familiar black and white figure, the one Dylan had seen just a second ago, appeared in front of Sans, snatching Dylan in a flash before he even had the chance to react.

"DYLAN!" Was all he heard before he was surrounded by darkness.

"SANS!" He yelled however, he was met with another face.

"Gaster..." he said and the familiar video game fighting panel appeared.