Chapter one: Game start

It was Friday. The cool air of Cheyenne's bedroom filled her lungs as she lead on her comfy bed, waiting. Glimpses of the sun climbed up her walls, reflecting off of her TV, mounted on the wall across from her. The night before she had been up nearly all night looking at theories to one of her favourite games, Little Nightmares, and her head was spinning with them. Her body may of been exhausted but her mind was wide awake and ready to share the information with her friends, especially Alex. Then it came.

Cheyenne's bedroom door burst open and in came her mother,

"Cheyenne" She said, shaking her, "It's time to get up now" Cheyenne grunted as a reply, pulling the covers over her head as her mum switched on the light. The girl grunted again, fully acknowledging that she had to get up. With a small laugh her mum left the room, leaving Cheyenne to half drag herself out of her bed. She climbed out of the comfy bed slowly, not wanting to leaving the warmth that had surrounded her.

Once she was out, almost on queue, her phone gave a loud 'buzz'. Looking over at the small device placed on her desk, she gave a small smile as she retrieved it.

Her room was small, blue walls that were covered in posters and drawings from her favourite anime, stared back at her in the light. Her curtains, the same colour, was the reason for the room being so glum. When her eyes adjusted to the brightness, Cheyenne found her phone, the cover a galaxy colour covered in Latin runes.

She opened her phone to find her background of another anime character staring at her and a text. Her smile grew twice as bright when she saw who it was from.

"Dylan" she said and opened it to read his message:

"You ready for hell?"  He said. Cheyenne smiled again and answered his question,

"No, but we have to"  She replied, there was a slight pause before another text popped up.

"Fuck yeah we have to" he said, "Oh btw way can we go to KFC??"

"Why?!" Cheyenne asked, another pause,

"If I'm going hell, you can bet your ass that I'm going with a boneless banquet!" the text was followed by a laughing emoji, Cheyenne sent one back, closing her phone. She glanced at the clock on her shelf,

7:21

With a determined smile, Cheyenne rushed around her room, gathering her things for the day ahead of her, that was apparently starting with a trip to KFC...

The sun shone, melting into the clouds like a bleeding painting, the leafless trees waved in Cheyenne's direction as she passed them. Her heavy footsteps echoing down the road as the last remaining leaves tried to catch up with her. The cool wind, produced by winter, whipped through Cheyenne's shallow breaths, the little puff of smoke was blown away as she hurried towards her destination.

She paid little attention to the scenery around her, only the lights of shops, bikes and cars that was ahead of her,

"Cheyenne!" A familiar voice called out, when she was in sight of others. She looked up, the voice snapping her out of her daze. Through the many layers of clothing she was wearing, she saw, across the road, through the crowds of other students, all wearing dull puffy coats, colourful woolly hats and carrying, and what she guessed, was heavy school bags, was her friend Alex, trying with all his might to push through the ongoing flood of people. "Hey!" He shouted, his actions receiving a few judgmental looks from a few younger years walking past, which was followed by sly smirks and a chant of whispers.

Cheyenne rolled her eyes and waved back, not wanting to continue Alex's embarrassing one-sided conversation. Alex, one of her best friends, came running towards her, his green eyes shining from the frosty sunlight and although he didn't have much hair, glowed. She saw glimpses of his school uniform as he came towards her, the familiar blue tie, black trousers and blazer with the school logo; a orchid of trees on a hill, representing Oak Hills Academy, the second largest school in England, the first being Knowle West Secondary School, it was probably best known for the amount of crime, fights and police investigations there.

He walked slowly towards her, the sight was quite tiring when she saw the amount of road he had to venture down to get to her. Nevertheless, he ventured on.

"Hey" he said breathlessly when he finally got there, a proud smile on his face, Cheyenne smiled and greeted him with one just as bright. The boy glanced down at his phone.

"Did you watch it?" He questioned excitedly, holding up the screen to a familiar video. Cheyenne smiled. Of course she had watched it, it was the reason why she was so exhausted. She raised an eyebrow, nodding.

"But the real question is" she said, just as excited, "Have you stared playing it?"