Chapter ninety-six: Help I'm Haunted

The faces of the main three were what greeted them when Alex, Dylan and Cheyenne landed in their next dimension.
The large, somewhat oversized logo 'Help Wanted' stood in front of them, buzzing from it's neon light.
The three, after they had gotten up, stared at the title in shock.

"Help Wanted?..." Alex read, he turned to his friends who had gone a disturbing shade of pale.

"Help...Wanted..." Dylan and Cheyenne repeated in unison. They both knew the endings and outcomes of this game. They had both watched the play through.
They had both seen the horror...

"Huh?" Alex asked them as they looked away from the title. "You know this game?" He said.

"Of course we do! We watched the play through together!" Cheyenne said.

"Over FaceTime that is" Dylan added.

"How come you didn't add me?" Alex asked.

"Well you didn't answer your phone" Cheyenne said, "And we both know how much you hate horror games" she added then, "Apart from Little Nightmares" she finished.

"Yeah and we didn't watch it for the lore or anything we watched it because it is in VR" Dylan said. Alex gave a confused look.

"So we're in VR right now?" He asked. Dylan and Cheyenne looked down at their hands, which were still theirs, and not the blue see through ones that you would normally have when playing the game.

"Probably not" Cheyenne answered.

"Oh" Alex replied, "That's disappointing, I thought if we are in VR then maybe...we wouldn't have to endure the horror..." he said.

"I wish that were true but...I guess this Ghost Girl wants to show us something that we need to see with our own eyes. Not from the other side of a computer screen" Dylan theorised.
Cheyenne nodded in agreement.
She stared at the start button in front of them.

"Shall we do this?" She asked them. With a cautious nod from the pair, Cheyenne pressed the button and the three teenagers were transported to the main hub.

They looked around. The same set up of the party room in nearly all of the restaurants. The lines of tables and chairs, party hats placed on the surface of the table. A prize counter, full of FNAF plushies and goodies for children to enjoy. A carousel, horses with metal bars plunged into them stood still, waiting for someone to ride the machine.
And in front of them, a device that they would have to use to select their horror.
And behind it, familiar purple curtains covered in silver stars, ready to open and reveal the three murders that would kill them in a second.

"Uhhh..." Alex said, pointing to the stage. He looked at his friends with a face that said: "are we going to NOT address the stage there?!"
Cheyenne shook her head, answering his rhetorical question.
She looked down at the device, that was when a voice spoke.

"Welcome to the Freddy Fazbear Virtual Experience. Use the console in front of you to select one of the frightening experiences available-"

"Frightening?!" Alex interrupted.

"-By completing the scenarios, more will come available. You will see plenty of old faces and plenty of new ones as well. So stay a while and have a good time. And remember...
You aren't in any real danger-"

"Are you serious?! A! We have no choice but to 'stay a while!' And B! We are in the game! So everything here is going to kill us!" Cheyenne yelled at the voice.

"Please make a selection from the Virtual Experience menu."  The voice continued, ignoring Cheyenne's rant.
She sighed and looked at the screen.

"Wait" Dylan said. "Do you remember what this one is?" He asked.
Cheyenne thought for a moment, then she stopped.
Hearing a low and familiar laugh in the distance...
All three turned and in the shadows, saw a frightening pair of purple eyes...

"Is that..." Alex trailed off.
Dylan and Cheyenne nodded. They both knew his question. And the answer was yes. The one that stared this. The one who had made her haunt them.
The one who killed their friends.
His co-worker.
And his family...

They turned back to the menu slowly, not wanting to disturb the eyes.

"Why don't we start?" Cheyenne asked them. They nodded, not caring that where they would go would be worse than where they are now.
Cheyenne went to tap the start button on the first night of one of the games, but she turned to Alex before she did so.

"One thing before we begin" she said. "Don't, whatever you do, pick up the tapes" she said to him. He nodded and Cheyenne pressed the start button as the three were once again transported to their first level.

"Ouch! Alex you stepped on my foot!" Cheyenne yelled.

"Sorry! But Dylan's on mine!" Alex said back.

"Sorry! But it's too small to move!" Dylan said to him. They looked around and saw that once again, they were all squished.
Cheyenne sighed.

"Here we go again..." she said sarcastically. She saw Dylan stare at the screen out of the corner of her eye.

"You have got to be fucking kidding!" Dylan yelled, face planting himself and managing to elbow Alex also.

"Ouch!" He said to him.

"Sorry! I just...don't want to go through all this again..." he said. There was silence for a moment then Alex did the one thing that Cheyenne told him not to do.
Pick up a tape.

"NO! DON'T TOUCH THAT!" Dylan and Cheyenne screamed at Alex. He threw it down immediately, their screams probably giving him a much bigger jumpscare than any of the animatronics could.

"OKAY! OKAY! I PUT IT DOWN!" Alex yelled back, just as loud. They probably sounded like Luke right now.
But the tape began to play anyway:

"Hello, you should probably know me"

"I'm her daughter. And his"

"Evan was always his favourite"

"Micheal did a good job at it but...he forgot me"

"That boy will ruin everything if daddy gets his way with him"

"I just hope he doesn't end up like everyone else...put back together"

The audio stopped and the three were left in fear. What had they done? Now there was no going back. They just had to try their best to not find the rest.
If that was possible...
There was a chine of bells as the time hit 6am and the three were once again transported back to the main room.

"What the hell?" Dylan asked. "No way was that that long!" He yelled.
Cheyenne shook her head, agreeing with him.
It shouldn't of been...unless.

"I think the tape sped it up" she said. "I think that they want us to collect them so we will be able to get out of there faster and go to the end" Cheyenne summarised.
Dylan nodded, while Alex looked at them in confusion.

"But I thought you said-" Alex tried to murmur.

"I know what I said, but, I think that there is another reason why we need to collect them" Cheyenne said.

"To summon him" Dylan finished. He turned back to the menu and saw the next night on there.

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go tape hunting!" He yelled and pressed the start button.
As the three were transported to their next night however, they didn't hear the sinister laugh, this time closer to them over their own theories.
It's eyes stared at the menu. Waiting for it's time to escape.
Waiting for the loop to continue...