Chapter sixty-seven: The de-scent-ant of Death

"This is creepy" Dylan said, going up another step.

"Yeah" Cheyenne agreed, "And why is it so quiet? Shouldn't the Lady be after us?"
Alex shrugged.

"She's probably doing her hair" he said, reaching the last step. The four looked up at a large wooden door, its handle not in reach.

"I hate being short" Dylan said, unhappily staring at the door like it was his worst enemy.
Then, they heard a growl behind them, they turned to see Bendy holding the Nome protectively in his arms, growling at the door.

"He can smell Death" Cheyenne informed them.

"What?!" Dylan said, "And we're supposed to go in there?!"
Bendy answered his question, pushing his way to the front of the group and going through the door, taking the Nome and Cheyenne with him.

"Bad Demon!" Dylan yelled, "You don't drag people and Nomes through doors!"
Alex rolled his eyes and reached up to the handle, opening it.

"Come on" he said, running through it, Dylan doing the same in the hope that they could catch up to their friends.

"Guys!" They heard, "Over here!"
Alex and Dylan bolted in the direction of the voice, until they saw their friend crouched in a corner with the Nome and Bendy, looming over an object, smelling it.

"What is he doing?" Alex asked, staring at the Demon in shock.

"Finding out who died" Cheyenne answered, she sighed. Somehow, this had turned into a game of 'who done it', except a lot longer and a lot scarier.

"Uhhh guys..." Dylan said, making his friends look up at him and notice something else. "Did any of you notice the amount of mannequins in here?"

They looked around, seeing an army of wooden figures, some very close to them, while some lingered around the sides, admiring them. They all were the same. The same wooden features, the same blank faces and the same black wig, resting in their heads.
They shivered, the sight unsettling.

As they stared, Alex's concentration lingered down to the Nome who had rigged on his shirt. He stared up at him, waiting for his reply.

"What is it Grayson?" He asked the creature, he held up a very familiar item to the boy, a tin Jack-in-a-box.
As he stared at it, Alex found that the familiar darkness clouding his view once more.

He was surrounded by the familiar blanket of darkness. It would if been comforting if Alex didn't see what was within it.

A yellow raincoat, running for its freedom, hoping that it would loose the pair of sharp claws within its own territory. However, that didn't turn out to be true...

The darkness and claws engulfed the coat, leaving it to play with its childhood.

And all that remained was the sweet melody of the tinned instrument....

Until the claws caught the coat once more.

Alex looked around him, his friends staring at him in worry. It was like he had awoken from a dream...
Until he heard the music.
He turned to see the Nome playing with the toy, Bendy dancing to it the best he could.

"What was that?" Cheyenne asked Alex, he stared at her and said;

"This was Six's prison..."
He glanced at the place where Six had escaped. A vent. "We have to save her" he said, and made his way over to the exit.

"Is that..." Cheyenne trailed off.

"Our exit" Alex finished.

As the four climbed up it, Alex couldn't help thinking about the Girl in the Yellow Raincoat and where she was now.
As the gang crawled through the metal space, Alex saw a dark exit ahead of them.

"This way" he informed his friends. As they made their way out of the confined space, his question from before was answered.

"Six" he said in shock, the others joining him, "I found you"

However, his words were met with silence and the scent of Death.

It had won.
But for how long?...