Chapter twenty-seven: The Liar

"Hope..." Cheyenne said, she sighed, it seemed odd to think of such a word. She had never really hoped for much in the real world, she had everything she needed, friends, good grades and memories. But now that she thought about it, she was hoping to get out of here, she was hoping to find her friend, she was hoping he was okay.

She was hoping for this to end.

"Who are you?" The figure asked, coming out of her dark corner.

"Me?" Cheyenne replied, "I'm not really supposed to be here, but I'm also the most wanted person right now" she said.

"None of us are supposed to be here" Alice replied. There was a slight pause, "I'm not really sure who I am, but they call me Alice. But I'm no Angel" she said, lifting her sword. "And you? You surely must have a name?"
Cheyenne nodded.

"Cheyenne" was all she said before Alice was staring at her.

"It has claimed you" she said, pointing at the darkness that covered her skin.

"Yeah..." Cheyenne said, "He forced me" Alice tilted her head in confusion, before she became aware of where they were once more.

"We should go, it's still not safe down here, even if she is gone"

"Why did you kill her so early?" Cheyenne asked, stopping quickly, realising she had said something she shouldn't of.

"Early?" Alice asked, "Isn't it too late?" Cheyenne looked at the character in concern and surprise.

"What-" she was cut off by shouts and cries;

"A pretty girl like you shouldn't be wandering-"

"My Lord! She is nothing but a lost sheep! Please let me guide her to her flock once more!"
They both heard.

There was a low and intense growl. Then it faded into the shadows and secrets of the studio.

"Sammy!" Cheyenne yelled, "Where the fuck are you?! And what the fuck was he doing here?!"
There was a long pause as the two girls searched around the room.

"My Little Sheep, it seems you have found the one who was hiding-"

"And it seems you are the one cowering now, Liar" Alice said, raising her sword, a grim look on her face.

"Ah! But isn't that the fun of it! The excitement of the unknown and fear of the truth is only the shallow end of the ink puddle! There is still the lake..."
Cheyenne rolled her eyes,

"What are you on about now? I don't have time for this, I need to find Dylan" she crossed her arms.

"Ahhh... Your friend" Sammy said, "He is...wandering, my Little Sheep"
Cheyenne looked up,

"Wandering? Where?" She asked. Sammy glanced up, above them was a small and rectangular vent. "Dylan" Cheyenne said in annoyance. She rushed over to the steps, worry filling every nerve in her body.

"I wouldn't go there Little Sheep" Sammy said, she stopped. She knew what would happen if she went up there. Chapter Four had given her no choice but to go in there, but, if Dylan was risking his ass for something reckless, then she needed to stop him, before he got himself in an even worse situation.

"Enough of this! All I want to do is go home! And not have anyone die, or have myself turn into an ink monster!" She looked down, normally she would've been fine, but she thought about her friends and what they're doing and if they are in danger.

"But you are home, my Little Sheep" Sammy said, the girl shook her head.

"No, I don't belong here. Henry should be here, not me" she said.