Chapter seventy-nine: Playdreams

The four looked around, seeing the inside of a mask, an unfamiliar mask.

"WHAT THE HECK?!"
The four teenagers heard.

"WHERE THE FUCK AM I?!"
The mask turned its head, seeing three familiar faces. Or suits.
Bonnie, Freddy and Chica. Staring out into an empty crowd.
They looked the same, same features, smiles, eyes and appearance but their colours were not. They had the same green that the teens had been seeing for most of this gameplay, however, instead of seeing a metal endoskeleton, they saw straight through them to the end of the stage. It didn't seem like the animatronics were whole...

As the strange figure stared, Cheyenne, Dylan, Alex and the Nome saw green once more, and it only took a second before they saw a different setting altogether.

"Hello? Can you hear me? Don't exit this room, okay? This isn't a mistake, this room isn't a mistake. I had to hide these logs away from the core gameplay files, in a place that only a beta tester would look, and in a place where the files could be protected.

I just really, really hope that the next development team finds this before the game is released to the public. This game has some kind of malicious code in it that we haven't been able to fully contain, or even understand for that matter. We're over budget and out of time, but that's not the reason that we're shutting down.

Listen, I have to keep this short so the file size will be small enough to fly under the radar. There are more. They may not be in order..."
There was a small click before they heard the same voice:

"Have you ever heard of a guillotine paper slicer? It sounds made up but it's an actual piece of office equipment, I didn't even know we had one of those in the supply room. I guess they're more common at businesses that do a lot of graphic design work.

I've never seen one when I was still in school and even then, I knew how dangerous it looked. I was always afraid of loosing a finger, that seems so silly now...
Now that I can't loose anything...

Jeremy used to do design work, I guess that's how he knew it was there..."
Another click before the next file played:

"I came in early that morning, no one else was there. At least that's what I thought. The supply room was lit, I didn't even notice Jeremy standing in the testing room as I walked past, the supply room was so bright, glowing from all the way down the hall..."

The three looked at one another in confusion. But Dylan couldn't get the voice out of his head, so similar to the one who had been crying, pale and haunting them.

For once they landed on their feet as they were met with the office once more.

"What was that all about?" Cheyenne asked. The boys shrugged,

"I don't know" Alex said, the two looked at Dylan as a look of concern came onto his face.

"Since when did the flashlight power run down to zero?" He said, looking at the screen.
He looked at the torch on the desk, the button flicked to 'on.'

"Shit" was all that Dylan said before they were met with not one, but two, animatronics.
Toy Bonnie and Chica.
They all screamed in fear, the jumpscare amusing the robots. As Alex held up his hands in fear, and to try to stop Bonnie and Chica from getting in his face, the same black mist emerged from his hands, and soon after the two bodies fell to the floor. Soulless.

"Every time!" He yelled, his heat pounding in his chest. "I hate this!"
Dylan and Cheyenne nodded.
Then they looked around, seeing that there was no portal to take them to the next night.

"Where is it?" Dylan asked, sort of glad that he wouldn't get travel sickness once more. Instead, the phone answered his question.

"Obey the night" it said, in two familiar tones, "Watch the dreams and nightmares come to life!"

"Phone Guy?" Cheyenne asked, confused.

"Ghost girl?" Alex added as the phone clicked to a different recording, one that the three liked very much:

"Uh, hello? Hello? See I told you your first night wouldn't be a problem, your a natural!"