Chapter six: Phobia of the phantom

"Cheyenne what are those things?" Alex asked, curiously.

"Well" she said, holding one up, "This is some gadgets that come with the BATIM  books" she said, "They are mainly used for the books, like to uncover secret messages and stuff" she continued, "Buuuut, they can also be used for ghost hunting" through the darkness the three of them could feel the excitement.

"Ghost hunting!" Alex said excited, "Ooooo I'm a scary ghooooost" he said, Cheyenne laughed at his attempts at trying to be a part of the supernatural.

"Seriously, you should of taken drama because you need to work on your acting skills" She  said, closing the little door and probably giving Alex a death stare of her own.

"So with these devices, we can see ghosts?" Dylan said, Cheyenne  nodded although he couldn't see, but he continued, "Where do you want to go first?" He said to the two of them, grabbing the most complicated one of the items. "What does this do?" He asked,

"Oh!" Cheyenne said, "That one is called a EMF reader, it detects paranormal activity, like when Chapter five came out, it was used for the secret messages"

"Cool" Dylan said, turning the device on.

"What's this?" Alex asked, picking up a small box with some flashing lights on it.

"Uhh, that's a Spirit Box, it allows you communicate with the audio recordings in the BATIM  games, but also, ghosts"

"Ohh" Alex  said a little nervously, "That's cool" he said.

"And what's that?" Dylan asked, picking up the smallest of the items.

"That's..." she paused, "A UV light..."

"Oh..." Dylan said, "Is there, anything else I can have?" He asked,

"Uhhh" Cheyenne  said opening up the locker again, "There's this" she said and passed him a slim but wide item.

"What is it? I can't see" he asked,

"It's a Writing book" she said, "And a smudging stick"

"Oh" Dylan said,

"Don't worry, those are used to highlight any important or suspicious information in the books and to write down any notes" she said, trying to make it seem more exciting than it was.

"Alright" Alex said, feeling a little more confident, "I'll have this"

"Where shall we go?" Dylan asked,

"Ooo! I know!" Cheyenne said, "The sports hall"

"Yeah!" Alex said, coming a little closer towards her.

"Wait" Dylan  said, "Maybe we should split up" he suggested and at that very moment, Cheyenne and Alex  both called out,

"I want Dylan!"

There was an awkward silence.

"Maybe pairs of three?" Cheyenne suggested, however there was no reply from the boys. They were gone.

"Ah shit!" She shouted in annoyance.

"Well" she said, "Food Technology it is"

FIVE MINUTES LATER: CHEYENNE'S POV

"Guys?" She said,

"Ok don't panic, your just on your own in the Food Technology corridor, in the pitch black, all by yourself... there's no big-"

A soft laughter caught her attention. She turned,

"Guys?!" Cheyenne said more concerned, "If you're trying to trick me, please don't otherwise you will get hit!"