Chapter 108

The next day they got up early, after dawn. The sky was a misty gray with a cold breeze. When they apparted to the Lovegood's house, they were several feet away.

" You're still not mad at him are you ? " Harry asked Hermione.

" I'm always mad at him," Hermione replied. They looked at house once they stood on a hill.

" Luna," Ron breathed. They walked up to the front door, looking stranger as they got closer. Harry knocked on the door, a few minutes later Mr. Lovegood opened the top part of the door. He was thinner, paler, wearing pajamas. He looked scared and suspicious.

" What is it ? Who are you ? What d you want ? " Mr. Lovegood asked all at once.

" Hello, Mr.Lovegood. I'm Harry Potter we met a few months ago," Harry said. " Could we come in ? " Mr. Lovegood reluctantly let them in. The inside the house was just as strange, he made them tea and had them sit in the living room.

" Where's Luna ? " Annabelle asked.

" Luna ? She'll be long," Mr. Lovegood answered. They all took a sip of the awful tea. " So, how can I help you Mr. Potter ? "

" Well, actually it was about something you were wearing around your neck at the wedding. It was a symbol," Harry explained.

" You mean this ? " Mr. Lovegood asked reaching in his shirt and pulling out the symbol.

" Yes, that. We were wondering what it was ? " Harry asked.

" What is it ? Well its the sign of the Deathly Hallows of course," Mr. Lovegood answered.

" The what ? " They asked.

" The Deathly Hallows. I assume you're all familiar with The Tale of the Three Brothers ? " He asked.

" Yes," Ron and Hermione answered.

" I have it here." Hermione said pulling the book from her bag, she opened it to the very end and began to read: There were once three brothers who were traveling along a lonely, winding road at twilight-"

" Midnight," Ron interrupted. " Mum always said midnight". They all looked at him. " T-twilight's fines. Better actually ".

" do you want to read ? " Hermione asked annoyed.

" No," Ron answered then she continued reading.*****

" So there you are, the Deathly Hallows," Mr. Lovegood said.

" I'm sorry sir, I still don't quite understand. " Harry said. Mr. Lovegod stood up and walked over to a table where he pulled a sheet of parchment paper and a pen. They crowded around him as he drew a line.

" The Elder wand. The most powerful wand ever made," Mr. Lovegood said. Next he drew a small circle near the end. " The Resurrection Stone ". Lastly he drew a triangle around the whole thing. " The Cloak of Invisibility. Together they make the Deathly Hallows. Together they make master of death ".

" That mark was on a grave in Godrics Hallow," Hermione breathed. " Um, Mr.Lovegood does the Peverell family have anything to do with the Deathly Hallows ? "

" Yes. Ignotus-excuse me-and his brothers, Cadmus and Antiocch were thought to be the original owners of the Deathly Hallows and therefore the inspiration of the story," Mr. Lovegood explained. His eyes suddenly grew wide, he hurried towards the teapot. " Oh your teas gone cold. I'll be right back ". He hurried out of the room.

" Lets get out of here," Ron said once the man was out of earshot. " I'm not drinking anymore of that stuff hot or cold ". They gathered their things and went downstairs to find Mr.Lovegood still making the tea.