Chapter 40

The next day the entire school was talking about Colin Creevy ( he's been petrified ). Right now they were in an abandoned girls' bathroom and Harry just finished telling them what happened last night in the hospital wing. Hermione started to brew the Polyjuice Potion.

" You mean the Chamber of Secrets has been opened before ? " asked Hermione as she added more boomslang skin to the potion. 

" Of course, don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was at school here. And now he sought Draco to do to " said Ron. 

" Maybe we'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure," said Annabelle. 

" Enlighten me, why are we brewing this potion in broad daylight in the middle of the girl's lavatory ? " asked Ron. 

" Don't you think we'll get caught? " Hermione and Annabelle laughed.

" No, no one ever comes here," said Hermione. 

" Why ? " asked Ron, " Moaning Myrtle " answered Annabelle. 

" Who's Moaning Myrtle ? " asked Ron. 

" I'm Moaning Myrtle," said a voice. Moaning Myrtle was a ghost that has lived in the girl's bathroom, she was 15 years old, had pigtails, glasses, and was very sensitive. 

" Hello Myrtle," said Annabelle kindly. She nodded at Annabelle. 

" I wouldn't expect you to know me, who would ever talk about ugly, miserable, moping, Moaning Myrtle," she said sadly. 

"You are not ugly," said Annabelle, Myrtle managed a smile, she started to shake and scream, she flew back into her toilet, spraying water everywhere. 

" She's a bit sensitive " answered Hermione.

Soon it was time for Defense Against the Dark Arts, this time they were in the Great Hall and they were all gathered around on what looked like a catwalk. 

" Gather around! " Lockhart shouted, they all moved forward to the catwalk. " Gather around. Can everybody see me? Can everybody hear me? " Lockhart asked strutting around the catwalk. " Excellent. In the light of dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little dueling club. To train you all up in case your need to defend yourselves, as I myself have done on countless occasions. For full details, see my published work " he said. He took off the cape he was wearing and threw it to Luna, Madelyn, and other Ravenclaws, who caught it and were squealing.

" Let me introduce my assistant Professor Snape! " Snape slowly walked up onto the catwalk, facing opposite to Lockhart. " He has sportingly agreed to help me with a demonstration. Now I don't want any of you, youngsters, to worry, you'll have your Potions master when I'm through with him. Never fear " he said. They approached each other and drew out their wands and bowed. They turned, took five steps away from each other before turning back. " One, two, three---" began Lockhart. 

" Expelliarmus! " Snape shouted, the spell hit Lockhart and he flew backward. 

" Do you think he's alright ? " asked Hermione. 

" Who cares," said Ron. Lockhart got up, Snape was smirking. 

" An excellent idea to show them that Professor Snape. But if you don't mind me saying, it was pretty obvious, about what you were about to do. And if I were to stop you. It would have been too easy " he said proudly.

" Perhaps it would be prudent if we first teach the students how to block unfriendly spells, Professor " Snape suggested. 

"An excellent idea Professor Snape! Let's have a volunteer pair. Um, Potter! Weasly! How about you? " Harry began towards the catwalk.