Chapter 55

The next day, after lunch in the Great Hall. They were walking to Hagrid's. Ron and Hermione were fighting again.

" Beautiful day ," said Hermione as they neared Hagrid's hut.

" Gorgeous, unless you mean ripped to pieces," Ron snapped.

" Ripped to pieces what is he talking about ? " asked Harry

" Ronald lost his rat ," answered Hermione

" I haven't lost him ! Your cat killed him ! " he accused

" Rubbish," she denied

" Harry, Bells, you've see the way that bloody throaty beast of hers is always lurking about. And Scrabbers is gone ! " said Ron

" Well maybe you should learn to take better care of your pets ! " said Hermione

" Your cat killed him ! " he snapped.

" Did not " she denied

"Did"

" Didn't "

" Stop fighting ! " hissed Harry

" Ronald, what evidence is there to prove that Crookshanks did kill Scrabbers ? " asked Annabelle

" There was blood ok my sheets. And little golden hairs on the floor ! Is that evidence or isn't it !? " he asked

" Those could have been there for a long time," aid Annabelle

" Of course ! Side with Hermione ! What else is new ! " he said waking ahead of them. Annabelle sighed and continued towards Hagrids hut. When the got to his hut, he let them in and poured them some tea. Hagrid had jut gotten back from a hearing about Buckbeak, and what was going to happen to him.

" How'd it go Hagrid, the hearing ? " asked Hermione

" Well, first off the committee members took turns about why we were there. And then I got up and did my piece. Said Buckbeak was a good Hippogriff, always cleaned his feathers. And then Lucious Malfoy got up and well you can imagine. Gr said Buckbeak was an' dangerous creature who would kill ya as soon as he looked at ya," answered Hagrid.

" And then ? " asked Harry

" And then he asked for the worst, Lucious," said Hagrid

" They're not sacking you," said Ron

" No, I'm not getting sacked. Bucbeak's been sentenced to death! " Hagrid weeped.

****************

That night Annabelle couldn't sleep, she tossed, and turned. Soon she finally gave up and put a hoodie on, grabbed her wand and walked out of the common room. Annabelle was now near the Gryffindor common room when she ran into Harry.

" Bells, what are you doing ? " asked Harry.

" Couldn't sleep, I may ask you the same " said Annabelle

" I found the name Peter Pettigrew on the map," said Harry. Soon they were walking down the hallway with the map in Harry's hand. They were holding out their wands for light. The hallway portraits were snoring, the map said Peter Pettigrew was coming their way.

" Put that light out !" hissed one of the pictures.

" Sorry," they muttered dimming their wands. The map told them that Peter Pettigrew was right in front of them, they saw movement by their feet, they looked down to see Scrabbers? As Scrabbers went around them, so did Pettigrew. They looked at the map and saw the name ' Severus Snape ' coming their way.