Chapter 42

The next day Annabelle was walking with Harry, Hermione, and Ron, Harry was telling them about Tom Riddles's diary. 

" It was Hagrid, Hagrid opened the Chamber of Secrets fifty years ago " said Harry. 

" I don't believe you " said Annabelle crossing her arms. 

" We don't even know this Tom Riddle, he sounds like a dirty rotten snitch to me " said Ron. 

" The monster had killed somebody Ron ! What would have any of us had done ? " asked Harry. 

" Look, Hagrid's our friend. Why don't we ask him about it ? " suggested Hermione. 

" That'll be a cheerful visit. ' Hello Hagrid, Tell us have you been setting anything mad, and hairy loose in the castle lately ? " Said Ron. 

" Mad and hairy ? " asked Hagrid from behind them. " You wouldn't be talkin', 'bout me now would yeh ? "

" No " they answered. 

" What's that you've got Hagrid ? " asked Harry, trying to make conversation. 

" Oh it's flesh eatin slug repellent " he answered. " For the Mandrakes you know ? Now according to Professor Sprout they've still got a bit of growin up to do. But once they're acne is all cleared up we'll be able to chop 'em up and stew 'em. And them we'll get those people down at the hospital un-petrified " explained Hagrid. " In the mean time though, you four had best be lookin' out for yourselves, alright " they nodded. Hagrid turned and walked away, just as Neville ran up to them. 

" Harry ! I don't know who did it, but you'd better come! Come on ! " he said. They followed him to their dorm. Everything on Harry's side of the room has been destroyed. The contents of Harry's trunk has been thrown everywhere. His cloak laid ripped on the floor. The bed clothes has been pulled off his four-poster and the drawers has been pulled out of his bedside cabinet, the contents strewn over the mattress. Hedwig was sitting on one of the posters of the bed, she seemed unharmed. Harry began picking up his things and threw them back into the trunk only as he threw the last of the Lockhart books back into the trunk, he realized what wasn't there.

" It had to be Gryffindor. Nobody else knows the password, besides Jóse but he's super forgetful at times " said Hermione as she put blankets back on Harry's bed. 

" Unless it wasn't a student " said Harry " whoever it was, they must've been looking for something " said Neville. 

" They found it " Harry sighed, " Tom Riddle's diary is gone. " They all exited the room. Annabelle felt someone tap her shoulder, she turned to see Neville. 

" Hey Nev ! " chimed Annabelle as she poked him. 

" Hey Bells, anyways me and Seamus were wondering if you would want to come to the library with us and study ? " asked Neville poking Annabelle back. 

" Thanks for the offer, but I can't I have to meet up with Madelyn and Jóse in a few minutes, but how about tomorrow " replied Annabelle, as she continued the poke war.

 " No problem and promise ? " asked Neville raising an eyebrow and holding out his pinkie. Annabelle wrapped pinkie around his. 

" I Annabelle Christine Hood promise to go to the library tomorrow and study with You and Seamus " announced Annabelle. Neville and Ron started laughing. Annabelle just stood their smiling. She then glanced down at her watch and her eyes widen. Annabelle unwrapped her pinkie, hugged Neville quickly, and ran off. " I GOT TO GO ! BYE! SEE YOU LATER ! " yelled Annabelle over her shoulder. They all watched her quickly run out of the room and make a sharp right disappearing from sight.