Chapter 98

The next morning Annabelle woke up, she slowly sat up. Her vision was clear now, she could see who people were. In front of her stood Madame Pomfrey, Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonall, Professor Slughorn, Professor Snape, and Professor Sprout.
" Hello Ms. Hood, good to see you, how are you feeling," Dumbledore greeted.
" Hello Headmaster Dumbledore, Madame Pomfrey, Professor Sprout, Professor Snape, and Professor Slughorn," Annabelle greeted.
" Well how do you feel ? " Madame Pomfrey asked.
" Not dead," Annabelle responded, making them laugh.
" That's good to here," Slughorn laughed. Annabelle smiled.
" Do you know what happened ? " Sprout asked
" I think I got poisoned ? " Annabelle guessed. They nodded.
" Ms. Hood your were very close to death, you are lucky to survive like Ms. Bell," Snape informed. Annabelle looked over and saw that Katie Bell was no longer the hospital wing.
" How long was I out ? " Annabelle asked curiously.
" For 3-4 days," McGonall responded.
" It's good to see you Ms. Hood, we shall see you later," Dumbledore said as they staff left, Madame Pomfrey went to her office. Annabelle smiled and look over at the night stand next to the bed. There was note she picked it up and read it.
Can't wait for you to wake up ! We all miss you Bells ! I miss you so much,
NL
Annabelle smiled then set the note back down. At that moment she heard voices coming towards the doors. They were really familiar, the people were Thomas, Doug, and Sandra. Annabelle silently listened to their conversation.
" I hope she wakes up soon," Doug sighed.
" Maybe she'll wake up today if we're lucky," Thomas said trying to have hope. Sandra was the first one to enter, she saw Annabelle sitting up wide awake. Sandra backed up, then blinked to make sure she wasn't dreaming.
" Bells ! " Sandra gasped
" It's me," Annabelle said, The others heard a voice and walked into the room and saw Annabelle awake. Sandra tackled her in a hug.
" Your alive," Sandra breathed as Annabelle hugged her back, then released. Doug hugged her next.
" We all thought we might lose you," Doug breathed releasing. Annabelle then was tackled into a bone crushing hug by Thomas.
"I'm alive. You can't get rid of me that easy," Annabelle breathed in the hug making them laugh. Thomas released.
" Well, when did you wake up ? " Thomas asked.
" I'll tell you all, when everyone else is here, I'm not repeating it ten times or more," Annabelle said making them laugh again.
" The others ! " Doug gasped. The three of them ran out of the hospital wing to go gather everyone else. Sandra accidentally ran into Malfoy.
" Watch were you're going," he snapped.
" Sorry," Sandra said.
" Where are you going at such a speed ? " Malfoy asked.
" To tell people that Bells is awake," she breathed before running off. Draco eyes widened and he ran to the hospital wing. Annabelle told him what happened.
Now Sandra just entered the common room, she looked around the room to see Annabelle 2 curled up the couch reading. Sandra ran over to her and grabbed her roughly by the shoulders.
Annie ! " Sandra cheered.
" Sandra ! What is it ? " Annabelle 2 mimicked.
" She's awake," Sandra breathed, Annabelle 2 threw her book down and jump out of her seat. They looked over and saw Peter coming down
The stairs. The two girls jumped over the couch and ran over to him.
" What did I do ? " Peter asked nervously. They ignored what he said.
" She's awake ! " they cheered. With that the three bolted out of the door.
Thomas recently entered the Ravenclaw common room. He went looking for the Luna's and Madelyn. He found the three girls at a book shelf. He ran over to the three making them jump.
" She's awake," he blurted out before any of them can speak. He looked over and saw Carter and Jóse talking by the stairs. Thomas slid under a table and sprinted over to the two boys.
" Any progress ? " Carter asked.
" She's awake," Thomas breathed. The girls thankfully left before the boys, because they shoved each other out of the way to leave the room.
Doug jut entered the Gryffindor common room. The first people he saw was Hermione, Ron, and Harry talking by the fire. Doug ran over to them. He stared talking super fast.
" Woah, Doug slow down," Hermione said interrupting him.
" She's awake," Doug simply said. The three ran out the door shoving each other.
" Why are those three in such a hurry ? " Ginny asked walking down the stairs.
" Bells," Doug responded, Ginny sped up her walking and left the common room. Doug sprinted up the stairs skipping two steps at a time, he burst into the dorm, scaring Dean and Seamus, who just got dressed. Neville was still asleep, can you blame him ? He was out till two or three.
" What is it mate ? " Seamus asked .
" She's awake," Doug replied. The two boys stood there shook, they ran out of the dorm. Doug walked over to Neville. He grabbed a small piece of paper, and ink, then quickly wrote him a note saying ' She's awake '. Just as Doug left the common room Neville woke up.
Draco left the hospital room before people started arriving. Annabelle was getting tackled into numerous hugs, but she didn't mind at all.
" So what happened ? I'm sorry about hitting you," Jóse greeted hugging her.
" It's okay and you don't get a second chance," Annabelle confirmed.
" Seems reasonable," Jóse said.
" So what happened ? " Hermione asked.
" Wait ! Neville's not here," Annabelle stated. Everyone looked at each other smirking. " What ? "
" Nothing," Ron answered. All of a sudden they hear little sounds of thumping like someone's shoes were slapping the ground. The doors burst open and Neville came into view. His eyes lit up when he saw Annabelle. She looked up and saw Neville, her eyes lit up.
" Annabelle," Neville breathed.
" Neville," she gasped. Annabelle jolted out of her bed and tackled Neville in a hug, he hugged back tighter. The familiar scent of strawberries filled her nose. They released, Annabelle sat back down on the bed criss cross apple sauce, while Neville sat on the edge of the bed on the end.
" So what happened ? " Ginny asked.
" Oh yes, story time," Annabelle said clapping making them laugh. " Okay it started really early this morning, like two I think ? I was beginning to hear stuff around me and I could hear this boy talking to me, he sounded very sad," Annabelle began.
" I wouldn't blame him on being sad," Madelyn.
" Did you know who was the boy talking to you ? " Luna S asked. Neville's eyes widened, no one noticed but Annabelle. She gave a questioning look, he just shrugged it off.
" No actually, I couldn't recognize anything or anyone, Madame Pomfrey had to tell me who she was," Annabelle answered.
" That's frustrating," Carter spoke.
" It is," Annabelle stated.
" Continue," Luna L said.
" Oh yes.....anyways this boy said very sweet things to me, he kept telling me all these things we've did, and stuff but I can't exactly remember anything he said," Annabelle continued. " I do remember him telling me I wasn't a lost cause," Annabelle said smiling. They all turned and looked at Jóse.
" Sorry," he said calmly before they tuned their attention back Annabelle.
" Anyways, when he was talking, I started to feel tingling in my toe, it spread to my foot, then to my foot. The scariest part is when the tingling stopped. My body was shutting back down, I thought I was going to die," Annabelle said. She looked down at the bed sadly, then Neville grabbed her hand and rubbed her knuckles, she looked up and smiled at him.
" Is that all Anniebelli ? " Seamus asked.
" No, you weirdo," Annabelle answered, smiling at him.
" Then continue woman," Seamus demanded playfully smiling at her.
" Well, he did something," Annabelle said lightly touching her lips.
" What he do ? " Legit 5 asked.
" He kissed me," Annabelle said looking down blushing.
" Awe ! " the girls coursed. Annabelle grabbed her pillow, and his her face as she blushed more.
" Did you get to see who it was ? " Luna L asked. Annabelle slowly lifted her head, showing her face, she looked like she was in deep thought.
" He left as I opened my eyes. Wouldn't mattered anyways everything was super blurry when I opened my eyes," Annabelle said frustrated. " Right as I opened my eyes, I saw his blurry figure leave closing the door, something was coming up my throat and fast, so I sat spit it out, I think I scared Madame Pomfrey, she gave me a potion and I slept till now, the end," she finished. Everyone clapped making her laugh.
" So Bells ? " Sandra began
" How was the kiss ? " Annabelle 2 finished.
" I can't tell you that ! " Annabelle exclaimed eyes widened.
" Why not ? " Madelyn and Luna S asked.
" Later, these Hooligans don't need to know," Annabelle said gesturing to the boys in the room. They all laughed.
" At least some detail," Hermione urged.
" Fine, I felt like Snow White and Sleeping Beauty cause I woke up after he kissed me," Annabelle stated. They laughed again. Soon everyone left the room. Neville also was about to leave.
" Neville ? " Annabelle asked. He turned and looked in her blue eyes.
" Yes, Bells ? " he asked.
" Sorry for snapping at you," Annabelle confessed.
" It's alright I forgive you," Neville said smiling. She got up and kissed his cheek and hugged him.
" Thank you," she said.
" No problem," he said hugging back but tighter.
" It's good to see you," she breathed smiling.
**********
Later that day Harry met Dumbledore in his office after dinner. He heard him and Snape talking, when Snape walked he glared at Harry before continuing walking. Harry met Dumbledore at the top of the stairs.
" The place to which we journey to night is extremely dangerous. I promised that you would accompany me and I stand by my promise, but there is one condition. You must obey every command I give you without question ".
" Yes sir," Harry answered.
" You do understand what I am saying ? Should I tell you to hide, you hide. Should I tell you to run, you run. Should I tell you to abandon me and save yourself, you must do so," Dumbledore explained. Harry reluctantly nodded. " Your word ? "
" My word," Harry reluctantly answered.
" Take my arm," Dumbledore said putting putting out his left arm.
" Sir, I thought you couldn't apparate within Hogwarts," Harry said.
" Well, being me has its privileges," Dumbledore said smiling slightly. Harry grabbed his arm and the familiar pull in his stomach soon followed. He felt himself spinning, and his stomach did not agree with him, but as soon as they left Hogwarts, he found themselves standing on a cliff in the middle of the ocean. Te wind was blowing hard as he and Dumbledore looked at a cave before Dumbledore apparated them into the cave, it was dark and creepy.
" This is the place," Dumbledore breathed walking ahead of Harry. " Oh yes, this place has known magic " Dumbledore took out a knife and began to cut his black withered hand.
" Sir," Harry gasped.
" In order to gain passage, a payment must be made, a payment to weaken the intruder," Dumbledore explained.
" You should have let me sir," Harry said.
" Oh no Harry, your blood is much more precious than mine," Dumbledore said as he ran his hand along a rock. He led Harry the way, when they reached the lake, a boat appeared, soon they sailed across it. They sailed for a short time, before they saw a bright light illuminating what looked like a stone statue as first. As they got closer, they realized it was a purple liquid that did not look trustworthy.
" Do you think the Horcrux is in there sir," Harry asked gesturing to the people liquid.
" Oh yes," Dumbledore replied. " It has to be drunk. All of it has to be drunk. Do you remember the conditions I told you before I brought you here ? The potion may paralyse me, I may forget why I am here, it may cause me so much pain that I beg for relief. You are not to indulge these requests. It's your job to make sure I keep drinking this potion. Even if you have to force it down my throat. Understood ? "
" Why can't I drink it ? " Harry asked almost desperately.
" Because I'm much older and much less valuable. You have good health," Dumbledore said. He took the seashell that was sitting on the ledge of the stone and dipped it into the liquid. Gently raised it to his lips and drank it. Dumbledore began shaking, he had no control over his body.
" Professor ! " Harry gasped as Dumbledore collapsed onto the ground shaking violently. He tried to get him to talk, but he couldn't. Harry ran over tot he seashell Dumbledore dropped and more of the liquid and brought it back over to him. Harry continued giving him the potion, even though it caused them both pain, Dumbledore sounded like he was crying, but there was no tears. Harry looked pained to have to continue giving him the potion.
" Make it stop. Please," he begged.
" It will stop, only of you keep drinking it," Harry said.
" All my fault. All my fault," Dumbledore repeated.
" Just one more sir. One more sir," Harry begged. Dumbledore shook his head and kept his mouth closed. " I promise ! I promise ! Please ! "he begged. He opened his mouth drank it, he began to cry a little.
" Harry. Water," Dumbledore croaked. Harry grabbed the Horcrux.
" Here it is," Harry said.
" Harry, water," Dumbledore repeated.
" Aquamenti ! " Harry said, Harry went to get water with the seashell, he ended up just scraping the stone with the it.
" Water," Dumbledore repeated. Harry dipped the seashell into the lake, the light went out.
" Lumos," he said. Harry went to dipped the shell back into the water, just as a hand shot out of the water and grabbed his arm, making him jump. Harry struggled for a bit before getting his arm free. He looked around and saw the water moving, zombie creatures were getting closer.
" Lumos Maxima ! " Harry shouted. The room lit up and he saw the creatures were making their way towards him some were already on shore.
" Stupefy ! " he shouted. The creature were thrown back for a bit, soon Harry was completely surrounded. The creatures pulled Harry into the water and tried to drown him. Suddenly he saw the surface ignite of a orange, soon realizing that it was fire. The creatures got off him, as he surfaced he saw that Dumbledore was causing the fire. As soon as the fire was gone so were the creatures. Dumbledore looked very weak, Harry helped him out of the cave. Surprisingly Dumbledore apparated them back to Hogwarts on the Astronomy Tower.
" I need to get you to the hospital wing sir. To Madame Pomfrey," Harry said.
" No, Severus, I need Severus. Wake him and tell him everything. Speak to no one else," Dumbledore told him weakly. Before he could say anything there was a knocking, like someone was trying to get up the Astronomy Tower. " Hide yourself below," Dumbledore ordered. " Don't speak or be seen by anybody without my permission. Whatever happens it imperative that you stay below ". Harry didn't move, Dumbledore was beginning to grow desperate. " Harry do as I say," he begged. " Trust me. trust me ". Harry nodded and hid below whee Dumbledore was standing. Footsteps could be heard from above him, he looked up and saw Draco Malfoy standing on the opposite side of the Astronomy Tower, facing Dumbledore. Draco looked scared, but Dumbledore stayed calm even though Draco had his wand pointed at him.
" Good evening Draco," Dumbledore said. " What brings you here on this fine spring evening ? "
" Who else is here ? " Draco said nervously. " I heard you talking ".
" I have been talking aloud to myself. I find it extraordinary useful. Have you been whispering to yourself Draco ? " Dumbledore asked. " Draco, you are no assassin ".
" How do you knack what I am !? " Draco snapped. " I've done things that would shock you ! "
" Like cursing Katie Bell in hoping that in return she bear a cursed necklace to me ? Like replacing a bottle of mead with poison ? Forgive me Draco, I can not help feeling that these actions are so weak that you can't want to get rid of me," Dumbledore said.
" He trusts me ! I was chosen ! " Draco pulled up his sleeve to reveal the Dark Mark on his arm. Dumbledore was silent for a moment.
" I shall make it easy for you," Dumbledore said pulling out his wand.
" Expelliarmus ! " Draco shouted and Dumbledore's wand flew out of his black withering hand. Harry pulled out his wand and aimed it at Draco who looked like he was going to start crying.
" Draco. Draco, your not alone. There are others. How ? " Dumbledore asked as the door of the Astronomy Tower could be heard opening.
" The Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement I've been mending it," Draco explained.
" Let me guess, it has a sister ? A twin," Dumbledore questioned.
" At Borgin and Burkes. They form a passage," Draco said.
" Ingenious. Draco, years ago I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you," Dumbledore said.
" I don't want your help ! Don't you understand !? I have to kill you. Or he's gonna kill me," Draco said now crying. Harry hid behind the stairs so he wouldn't be see the Death Eaters going up the stairs.
" Well, look what we have here," Bellatrix Lestrange said. " Well done Draco ".
" Good evening Bellatrix," Dumbledore said, his voice calm as ever. " I think introductions are order, don't you ? "
" I'm afraid we are on a tight schedule ! " Bellatrix snapped. " Do it ! " she hissed at Draco.
" He doesn't have the stomach. Just like his father," a Death Eater said. " Let me finish him ".
" No ! The Dark Lord was clear that the boy must do it," Bellatrix hissed at the Death Eater. Harry turned and saw Snape standing a few feet away from him with his wand pointed at him. Snape signalled for him to be quiet as he lowered his wand.
" Go on Draco ! NOW ! " Bellatrix shouted. Harry watched as his long time enemy Draco Malfoy almost break down in front of him, he was shaking violently, but stopped abruptly at the sound of Snape's voice.
" No," Snape's voice said calmly as he appeared from behind Draco. Everyone turned and look at him, all eyes were in him and Dumbledore. Harry watched from below, holding his breath, waiting for something to happen. Snape looked at his feet till Dumbledore spoke.
" Severus. Please," Dumbledore said, his voice as calm as ever.
" Avada Kedavra," Snape said, a jet of green light shot from his wand and hit Dumbledore squarely in the chest. Harry watched as Dumbledore's body plummet to the ground. Bellatrix Lestrange let out a scream of victory. Harry saw the Dark Mark hovering above the school. It was horrible sight. Harry ran out if the Astronomy Tower following the Death Eaters as the walked towards the Forbidden Forest. He ran till he caught up with them.
" Snape ! HE TRUSTED YOU ! " Harry screamed. Bellatrix set Hagrid's hut in fire. Snape turned facing him. Harry shot spells at him, Snape block each of the spells.
"Crucio ! " Harry shouted, Snape blocked that too. " Fight back ! You coward fight back ! " Bellatrix shot a spell at him sending him backwards. Harry got back up.
" Sectumsempra !" Harry shouted, using the dangerous spell. The spell back fired and hit Harry sending him back a few feet. He found out it hurt to just move his body. Snape walked over to Harry, when he reached him, his face showed no emotion.
"You are to used own spells against me Potter ? " Snape asked. Harry looked at him surprised. " Yes, I'm the Half Blood-Prince," Snape walked away from Harry. He lied on the ground for what seemed like hours. Finally gathering all his strength, he got up and started a difficult walk back to the castle. When he finally made it to the castle, there was a huge crowd of nearly every student in the school centred around Dumbledore's body, some of his fellow students looked at him. The sky above them still was polluted with the Dark Mark. Harry knelt down next to Dumbledore's still body. He moved a strand off silver hair out of his face. Harry put his on Dumbledore's chest to try to find a heart beat, nothing. Harry picked up the locket Horcrux that fell from the Astronomy Tower. Harry began to silently cry. Ginny knelt down next to Harry and comforted him. It was oblivious to them but every student ad staff behind them had there wands raised in the air, a sign of respect for Dumbledore. The Dark Mark disappeared from the sky.