Chapter 85

Ever since Dumbledore disappeared, Hogwarts got worse. Umbridge is now Headmistress of Hogwarts. That day, every member of Dumbledore's Army was in detention with Umbridge, using her ' special ' quills it was horrible. Everyone noticed Cho wasn't her since she snitched. After a painful hour of writing lines and have those lines engraved into theirs hands, they were allowed to leave. When they left, Cho was standing outside the Great Hall, people were rubbing theirs hands, bumped into her, as they passed even Harry ignored her. Annabelle was the last one out, she walked up to Cho.
" Why ? " Annabelle asked looking at Cho in the eyes. Cho began crying, Annabelle hugged her something wast adding up to her. Like why was Cho crying when they got caught ?
************
After the awful hour in detention in the Great Hall, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Annabelle were standing near the end of the bridge, it was unusually warm out so they didn't need their cloaks.
" You did everything you could," Ron said
" Even Dumbledore didn't see this coming," Hermione said. " If its anyone's fault it's ours".
" Yeah, we talked you into it," Annabelle agreed
" But I agreed," Harry answered. " I tried so hard to help. And all it's done it make matters worse. Maybe its just best to-," Harry began
" To what ? " Hermione questioned.
" To go it alone," Harry answered. Hagrid waved them over. They gave him a confused look but followed him. He lead them into the Forbidden Forest. They kept asking about what he wanted to shown them but he wouldn't answer them. As they neared the middle do the Forest they heard some tropping, they looked over near a tree. When they peered around the corner they saw Centaurs acting very strange like they were running from something. Hagrid finally spoke up, he explained he maybe getting sacked soon, and he needs to show them something, or simply someone. strange sounds were coming from around the corner, like someone grunting. They walked around a large tree to see something, that was both strange, and a little frightening. It was a giant, he looked like a troll but with a sweet face, he was dirty and had what looked like a very large blanket to cover himself. His skin was a greenish color but his face was full of wonder.
" Grawpy," Hagrid called to the giant. " Down here you great baffon". Grawpy the giant took a few giant steps towards them, they back up to avoid being stepped on. " I brought you some company ! " Grawpy looked down at them and began to run towards them. They stumbled back quickly with a but difficulty. Grawpy continued to run, he was pulled back, he was tied to the tree. " I couldn't just leave him because, he's my brother !"
" Blimey," Ron breathed
" Well half brother really. He's completely harmless just like I said. A little high-spirited is all," Hagrid explained. Grawpy looked at Hermione, she began to back up but Grawpy grabbed her and picked her up. Hermione screamed.
" Grawpy, that is not polite ! "
" Do something ! " Ron said
" We talked about this you do no grab do you ? " Hagrid scowled. " That's your new friend ". Ron ran and grabbed a branch, he ran at Grawpy and hit him in the knee with the branch. That did nothing, Grawpy didn't seem to feel it an the branch broke in half. Hermione looked at Grawpy.
" Put me down ! " Hermione ordered, softly but firmly. " Now ! " He put her back down next to Ron.
" You alright ? " Ron asked
" Fine, just need a firm hand is all," Hermione said holding her arm.
" I've think you've got an admirer," Harry said. Grawpy was throwing somethings around looking for something.
" You just stay away from her !" Ron snapped. Grawpy turned around to face them, he was holding a bicycle handle and flicking the bell on it. Grawpy handed it to Hermione. She took it and he looked at her expectantly. Hermione looked at them, Harry looked confused and amused, Annabelle was just amused and Ron looked like he wanted to kill Grawpy. Hermione reluctantly rang the bell. Grawpy smiled and crossed his arms.
" He get his own food and all. It's just company he'll be needing when I'm gone," Harry said. Hermione gave Grawpy the handle back ad he sat down ringing the bell. " You'll look after him won' you ? I'm the only family he's got". They nodded.
***************
Annabelle was j. The Gryffindore common room, she was sitting at a table with paper towel, and a bucket of water next to her on the ground. She was cleaning the dry blood off everyone's hand from earlier. The last body sat next to her.
" Hand," she said, the person gave her a hand. She looked up and saw Neville, she gave him a small smile and examined his hand.
" Are you okay ? " she asked breaking off paper towel from the roll.
" I'm fine are you okay ? " Neville answered as Annabelle put the towel in water.
" Yeah, just a scratch," she answered as she began dabbing and gently cleaning.
" It's not just a scratch Bells, it's going to scar," Neville said
" It was worth it," she said getting the dried blood off.
" Why's that ? " Neville asked
" Harry really helped everyone a lot. Learning happened. People are better at spells now. We really know how to defend ourselves better. We have the ability to fight. There's hope. And what I remember from something I read. Hope is the only thing stronger than fear," Annabelle explained as she finished. She stood up to leave. Neville grabbed her wrist.
" Wait, what about you ? " Neville asked gesturing to her hand.
" Oh, um I can get that later," she shrugged. Neville rolled his eyes.
" Sit," he ordered. Annabelle slowly sat back down as Neville tore off a piece of paper towel, put it in water, and began cleaning her hand.
" Do you really think there is hope ? " Neville asked.
" Definitely." Annabelle answered. As Neville cleaned her hand, they were in quiet, it was a comfortable silence.
" Done," Neville said breaking the silence.
" Thank you," Annabelle said getting you and turned to go as Neville stood up. Annabelle turned back around, stood on her tip toes and kissed his cheek then left. Annabelle walked for a bit till she heard whispers and crying. She looked up and saw Fred and George comforting a younger student who clearly just came from detention with Umbridge. She went and helped comfort him. Then soon Harry walked into view.
" It stops hurting after a while," Fred told the boy, he calmed down a bit. Then she came with her sickly sweet smile on we face looking delighted that the child was crying.
" As I told you once before Mr. Potter, naughty children deserve to be punished," she said before walking back to her office.
" You know George, I've always felt our futures lay outside the world of academic achievement," Fred said.
" Fred, I've been thinking exactly the same thing," George said. Annabelle looked the two to see them smirking.