Chill - CHAPTER 1

a/n: Above on the left is Remi (without the weird looking eyes of course. I don't own the art so if you know who does, tag them.) Above on the right is Remi's puppy, Paxton.
------------------------

The bell on the door of the Yo Jo Café Shop rung as a customer walked in with his puppy in his arms. The customer was dressed in an oversized pastel yellow hoodie that reached his lower thighs, soft white cotton shorts that were hidden by his hoodie, a pair of white converse, and a cowrie shell anklet with a yellow tie.

The guy's hair was ruffled, and his skin had arrayed patches of milkiness in it due to his vitiligo that contrasted against the rest of his body that was a gorgeous caramel color. Anyone that'd ever met him would tell you that he was absolutely beautiful.

The customer walked up to the counter and waited on one of the workers to come from the back and take his order. And eventually, someone did. A lovely woman named Blaire with gorgeous red hair that was brushed over to one side in the front, refreshing green eyes, and a shiny smile. "Hi, Remi! Back for the usual?"

"Yep."

"Alright, I'll have it right out."

Nodding, Remi walked over to one of the café tables near the big window wall and sat down. He was a returning customer of the Yo Jo Café who came in every morning at the exact time. Therefore, he was no newbie or stranger to the employees. As demonstrated already, they knew his name and his order. They even knew to get a small cup of whipped cream for Remi's puppy, Paxton, to enjoy himself.

Paxton was an adorable pup with black, light brown, and dark brown spots that were littered all across his white fur. Remi adopted him once he was old enough to do so. Paxton reminded Remi of himself in a way; he was unique and covered in different colored patches. That's why Remi chose to adopt him. Plus, it gets lonely at Remi's apartment since it's only him. He needed some sort of entertainment.

Humming, Remi rubbed Paxton's fur and waited patiently for his order. Paxton turned around and stood on his hind legs, licking all over Remi's face. Remi giggled and lowered Paxton back down. "Thanks, Pax. I love you t—"

"Alright, one sausage, cheddar, and egg sandwich, one iced white chocolate mocha, one small cup of whipped cream, and one water bottle." one of the employees from the front said politely as he sat Remi's food down on the table. Remi was happy to see that his sandwich was in a bag since he wanted to eat outside.

"Th-Thank you!"

"No prob, Remi. Enjoy."

Yep, this worker, Axle, knew Remi's name as well. As said before, they all do. It would be weird if they all didn't seeing that they were siblings. Every single one of the ten redheaded workers are siblings. The Reid Family. Their parents own the café, and they all stepped in and took a role to help the café become successful. Why not when there's money on the other side?

Although ten of the siblings worked at the café, there were two of the siblings who did not. They decided to take on other career paths which their parents never minded. Their parents wouldn't force them to do anything that they didn't want to do. They just wanted them to be happy.

Remi nodded with a soft smile. After the guy walked away, Remi let Paxton off of his lap, and he stood from his chair. He grabbed his coffee, his food, and Paxton's whipped cream before he pushed the chair back up to the table and walked out of the café. The silence and peace of the café soon turned into the busy and noisy streets of the city. Remi clutched Paxton's leash tighter, seemingly always nervous about walking in the city. So many people in every single direction all at once.

Despite this, Remi took off to the right in the direction of the dog park where he would first let Paxton eat before he would let him play. Paxton had already eaten actual food prior to them visiting the café, but whipped cream always seems to make the pup happier, so Remi doesn't mind getting Paxton some whenever they visit the café. Anything for his best buddy.

The city was extremely busy that day. And you know that's significant since cities are always busy. But today, there were literally people everywhere. Traffic was backed up, so more people just opted to walk which caused a heavily busy city. Remi picked Paxton up and looked both ways before he carefully crossed the street, hoping that the people in their cars would see him instead of hitting him. He wasn't particularly tall. He was more on the short side of life.

Once across the street, the dog park was in view. Remi put Paxton back down and they quickly walked a few more feet until they were greeted with the large area of land that was the dog park. The two went over to one of the free benches and sat down. Paxton wagged his tail as he watched Remi place his whipped cream on the bench in front of him. Paxton immediately dipped down and began lapping at the goodness. You could tell that he enjoyed it because his tail wagged even faster.

Remi giggled and pulled his breakfast sandwich out of his bag along with the water bottle. He sat the water bottle down for Paxton to drink later and began eating his sandwich. He could never get over how good it was. And knowing that the Reids made all of their food from scratch instead of processed ingredients made it taste even better. Remi even thought about asking the Reids to become his personal chefs, but maybe that would be too much. So as an alternative option, he just returns as a loyal and regular customer every day—or at least every other day—to the pet-friendly café.

Once Paxton ate all of the whipped cream, Remi poured some of the water from his water bottle into the same cup since Paxton had licked it clean. Paxton was grateful and drunk the water up just as fast, making Remi pour some more just in case he got thirsty while playing which he soon ran off to do.

Remi relaxed back against the park bench and took a deep breath, watching Paxton play with the other puppies and dogs. Paxton might be little, but he has a big heart and soul. And he might be the smallest pup in the pack, but he barks like he's the biggest. That's one of the things that Remi loves about him.

Another thing that Remi just so happened to favor was his life. It may be quite boring, but the good thing about that is that things have been pretty chill lately. Remi works at the huge library that's right around the corner from his apartment. He had an off day today. However, when he does go to work, he's able to bring Paxton with him, and Pax is actually a major help. Plus, since the library is so big, they get lots of business. Lots of business equals lots of money. Therefore, Remi is able to keep up with all of his bills and expenses that he has to pay.

So yeah, life has been chill for him. For now. There's a high doubt that it will be so chill in the future, however.