U-Turn - CHAPTER 55

Taking a deep breath, Marcelo opened the door to his car and stepped out, closing it back. He looked up at the cafe in front of him, not knowing what move to make next.

Fuck it.

Marcelo walked up to the door and flung it open, expecting his family to be there. But no one was up front. There were only customers looking at him like he was crazy from their seats because of how hard he opened the door. Marcelo cleared his throat and apologized before he walked up to the counter and went behind it.

Putting one hand on the door behind the counter, Marcelo slowly pushed it open and slid inside. He saw that everyone was busy running around and getting things together for the day since the cafe wasn't super busy.

Marcelo stood there for a second, amazed at how no one noticed him. It made sense though. There was too much red running around to distinguish who was who.

It wasn't until Marcelo reached behind him and knocked on the door that everyone stopped and looked at him. It was quiet for a while. No one said anything. After a few seconds, it was Annalise who broke the silence.

"Someone go tell all of the customers to leave. And someone else go flip the sign outside to closed."

Jace and Grey were the first ones to rush out, wanting to escape the awkward silence. Marcelo winced at how angry everyone suddenly looked.

"Marcelo, go out there and sit down." Annalise then said.

Marcelo turned around and went through the door to the dining room that was now empty. He sat down in one of the chairs next to the door just in case he had to run. After a few seconds, his family came out and sat around him, filling out the empty chairs.

The deafening silence hit once again. That is until...

"Where have you been?" Blaire asked. The hurt in her voice was clear. "Why haven't you answered any of our calls?"

"I had to go away for a while."

"Why?" Marcela questioned.

"Because... I messed up bad. Bad is a bit of an understatement actually."

"I'm guessing that's why we haven't been seeing Remi around anymore," Aiko said. Marcelo nodded. "What happened between you two?"

Marcelo looked down at his hands. He felt his heart racing in his chest. He knew that his family wouldn't react well to what he was about to say, but he had to tell the truth. That was the only way.

"I... I... I cheated on him."

Not even three seconds later, Marcelo felt a sharp sting across his right cheek. His head flung to the left. He groaned and grabbed his cheek. Annalise Reid could sure slap the hell out of someone. Marcelo didn't complain though. He knew that he deserved that.

"What the hell?! Those aren't the manners that your father and I raised you with. What has gotten into you? Are you mad?"

Marcelo looked up. Shock was displayed on everyone's faces. But when he looked up at Archer and Annalise's, his heart broke when all that he saw was disappointment.

"I'm sorry, Ma. I'm gonna make it right. I-I saw him a few days ago. I was gonna say something to him then, but I was... I was wi—"

"You were with the woman that you cheated on him with," Ace said after he connected the dots. He knew this scheme all too well. Too many Lifetime movies.

"Yes. But I promise, Ma, it was a mistake. I regret it all more and more every day. Especially since he was..." Marcelo stopped just as his breath got caught in his throat. It felt like he couldn't breathe. Images of his and Remi's child flooded his mind. His big, bright, beautiful eyes that were full of life. His little voice. Everything. Their child was perfect.