Suffocating - CHAPTER 54

"Baby, what's wrong with you?" Devyn asked as she ran her hand down Marcelo's arm and chest as he sat on the edge of the bed and she sat behind him. It was a few days after Remi and Marcelo saw each other in the store. Marcelo couldn't stop thinking about Remi.

All of these nearly three years, he could never stop thinking about Remi but now, it was even worse. Almost every second, he had to look at a picture of Remi or he had to picture Remi in his head. He didn't want to forget anything about Remi. Especially the new Remi that he saw in the store previously.

Marcelo ducked away from her hand and ran his hands down his face. Seeing Remi at the store did just as much damage to him as it did to Remi.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, can you just... go do something else and quit suffocating me."

"Suffocating you?" Devyn scoffed. "You're the one always acting like a needy child 24/7 so don't you dare try to act like it's me doing all of the suffocating."

"Maybe I wouldn't always need something 24/7 if you would actually act like you fucking care."

Standing up from the bed, Devyn scoffed again and stood in front of Marcelo. Marcelo groaned, already feeling the argument and the headache coming along.

"When have I ever acted like I don't care?"

"Oh, don't play stupid. We both know the reasons why you've wanted me to be here with you for the past year."

"Name them."

"Because you want good sex, and you want to keep your job. You know that I am the only one that will give that to you."

Devyn scoffed for the third time, making Marcelo's head hurt even more.

"You're so conceited about yourself. I can get good sex from anyone that I want." Devyn walked up to Marcelo and put her hands on his shoulder, leaning over seductively until she was inches away from his face. "But I can't deny that you have a nice rack."

Marcelo pushed Devyn off of him and stood up. "Don't fucking touch me."

"Really? Is it really like that now?"

"Yes, it's really like that. I can't believe I've really been dealing with you for all this time. I'm sick and tired of your manipulative ways. You're such a condescending little bitch, and I am tired of it," Marcelo growled.

"You can't handle my bite? You wanna go back to that little sissy of yours who lets you do what you want?"

That was the last straw. Marcelo grabbed Devyn's shoulders and pushed her up against the wall. He was furious, his face scrunched up in a snarl.

"Listen here. I know I've let you be disrespectful to me. I've let you hit me, I've let you talk down on me. But one thing that you will not do is disrespect Remi. He is the mother of my child, so you better keep his name out of your mouth if you know what's best for you. Tomorrow, first thing in the morning, your fucking office better be cleared. You're fired, Devyn Marsh, and I never want to see you again."

"Fire me all you want and watch your pissy business go downhill."

"Nope. I've got someone even better to take your spot now," Marcelo smirked dangerously. That's when he saw it. A look of intimidation on Devyn's face. That's the first. His smirk got bigger as he put pressure on his hands that were pushing Devyn into the wall before he let her go.

He went straight to the closet and grabbed his bags. He yanked all of his things out of the closet, out of the bathroom, out of the drawers. He made sure to grab Elio's ultrasounds that he'd taken when he left as well as pictures of Remi that he had.

Marcelo wasn't even strategic as he threw everything into his suitcases. He wanted to leave as soon as possible. He zipped the bags and suitcases up, slamming them against the floor as he walked. He looked at Devyn, a new rush of confidence floating through him. He smirked one more time as he said, "Good luck finding someone as good as I am and good luck finding another job. You're gonna need it with that terrible attitude that you have. Have a nice life, bitch."

With that, Marcelo was gone.

He hopped into his car and the first thing that he did was call Damon. Damon answered immediately, but he didn't greet Marcelo.

"Hey, Damon."

"Marcelo." Damon replied.

"I promise I'm gonna make everything right between me and Remi. I'm sorry that I've been a fucking dumbass. I...I don't know what was wrong with me. I fucked up, and I might've lost the best thing that I had, but I'm still gonna try."

"Did you break up with that bitch?"

"We were never together." Marcelo chuckled. "But yeah, she's definitely out of the picture. And I fired her."

"You did?!"

"Yeah, I should've done that a long time ago. I'm sorry that I fucked everything up between us and Remi and... everybody."

"Oh, thank God." Damon exhaled. "She was not good for you at all."

"Yeah, I know. I'm sor—"

"Okay, okay. I get it. You're sorry. You've turned into a sap, I swear."

Marcelo chuckled. "I'm sorry, I just... I just feel so bad. I feel terrible. I saw him in the grocery store a few days ago. Him and the baby."

"Yeah, I heard."

"I regret leaving him more than anything in the world. I regret leaving all of you. I'm gonna make it right, I promise."

"You better. Your family is pissed the fuck off."

"Don't remind me. I'm headed there now."

"Your mom is gonna beat your ass."

"I know," Marcelo said as he rubbed his temples.

"Now go. If things don't go right with Remi, just know that I'm here for you, man. You're alright in my book now. Sorry for blowing you off."

"No, I deserved it. Thank you for telling me off. I needed that. Even if it took almost three years to actually soak into my head."

"Hey, that's what I'm here for. Don't thank me. Go get your life together, and I'll see you when you're done."

Marcelo chuckled one more time before he said his goodbyes and hung up the phone.