One Million Times a Day - CHAPTER 11

"Where are w-we going?"

"You'll see. It's a bit basic, but I think you'll like it since it's only our first date."

Remi hummed and walked next to Marcelo as they walked down the sidewalk. It was the next week and the two were headed to go on a date. They'd left Paxton with Blaire just as they had last week. Remi was anxious but in a good way. He couldn't wait to see what Marcelo had done.

The two rounded the corner and landed in the big open park area of the city. There was an open space. Marcelo led Remi down further and to the right, there was a setup. A picnic blanket and a picnic basket. Remi smiled up at Marcelo. He'd never been on a picnic before. Marcelo let him know that they'd go on multiple picnics together.

"It's not fancy, but it's better than nothing at all. I just wanted us to have some time out for ourselves."

"No, I love it. Y-You don't have to hold big, f-fancy dates for us. I like l-little things like this."

"No, no. Don't misunderstand. There will be big, fancy dates," Marcelo smirked. "This is only the beginning."

The two sat in front of each other on either sides of the picnic basket with their legs in Indian style. Marcelo opened the picnic basket up and began pulling things out. Remi gasped when he saw a few items from the café. Yo Jo's Strawberry Cheesecake, Blueberry Scones, and Ham and Swiss croissants. Marcelo smiled and sat everything down neatly.

"I know that these are some of the things that you get from the café so I decided to get them for you. Anything that we have left today, you can take home. I also made us cold cut sandwiches, Parmesan penne pasta, and grapes."

"I... Marcelo, y-you didn't have to do all of this."

"I know, but I wanted to."

Remi grinned excitedly and grabbed the container that contained a serving of pasta. He opened it and immediately, the immaculate smell of the Parmesan sauces invaded his senses. The container was warm, preserving the food, and the smell was amazing. "This smells s-so good."

"Smells can be deceiving. Let's try it."

"Y-You don't know what your f-food tastes like?"

"I... may or may not have looked up recipes just this morning to find out how to make this. I haven't... tried it yet."

Despite the lack of orderliness, Remi couldn't help but smile harder. Knowing that Marcelo would learn how to make pasta just to please him was one of the most amazing feelings ever.

Reaching over along with Marcelo, Remi grabbed a fork from inside of the picnic basket and sat back down. Marcelo watched as Remi dipped his fork into the container and got a decent amount of pasta on his fork. He then lifted the fork up to his lips and ate the pasta carefully, analyzing the taste.

Remi's groan was inevitable as the flavor of the pasta spread all over his tongue. He was amazed. It was so good! Why the heck was it so good?

"This is delicious."

"It is?! No way. Remi, you're shitting me."

Remi shook his head and held the container out for Marcelo to taste. Marcelo leaned in and repeated the same process that Remi had, leaving him in the end speechless. The pasta really was delicious. It was scrumptious at that. Marcelo looked back at Remi with wide eyes.

"Holy actual shit. I can cook!" he chuckled and went in for another fork of pasta. Remi giggled and did the same.

That's how the rest of the couple's lunch went: Marcelo being surprised by his own cooking. By the end, the two were stuffed. Only half of the food that Marcelo brought was gone, proving how much he'd made.

Remi leaned back with his hands behind him on the picnic blanket with his legs still in Indian style. Marcelo was sitting in front of him to the side a bit. He groaned and drunk some more of his water to push his food down.

"Th-Thank you for this. I r-really appreciate you doing th-this."

"No problem. Anything for you... twink." Marcelo smirked with a wink. Remi's eyes widened. He thought that Marcelo forgot about that whole convo. Now it was back again. And so was his blush.

"Stop calling me t-twink. I-I'm not one."

"Mmm, I think that we already established that you are."

Remi's blush got even darker. He looked away with his bottom lip between his teeth. Marcelo gazed at him. He was so beautiful. Marcelo planned on telling him that every single day. Remi was truly a beaut. As Marcelo gazed at the smaller one, he reached out and grabbed his chin, pulling him back to face him. He wanted to see Remi. To see the heavy blush on his cheeks. To see his lip being chewed anxiously by his teeth. To see his expression of delight even while he tried to hide it. To see his beauty.

Remi turned back to Marcelo shyly. Not to be cliché but time seemed to slow down as the two looked at each other. One moment, they were off to their respected spaces. The next moment, Marcelo was caressing Remi's face as he leaned in slowly. Remi gulped. He'd never been kissed before. What if he didn't meet Marcelo's expectations? What if Marcelo ended up not liking the kiss? So many doubts we're rushing through Remi's mind.

"Remi, it's okay. I got you."

Remi nodded. Marcelo caressed Remi's cheek once more and leaned in closer. Everything was quiet as Remi closed the tiny gap between them and connected his own lips to Marcelo's. Chills sprung all over Remi's body at the feeling of someone's lips being on his.

He put his hand on Marcelo's bicep and backed away. He looked into Marcelo's eyes and saw the raw emotion that Marcelo had for him. It was all real. All vulnerable. All caring. Remi blinked before leaning back in, connecting their lips once again. Chills burst across his skin once more. Marcelo chuckled and moved his hand to the back of Remi's neck.

Marcelo could tell that this was Remi's first kiss. Remi didn't really know what to do, what went where, who moved where, who moved what. But that was okay because Marcelo would teach him. Marcelo moved his own lips against Remi's and let him take his time catching up. After a few seconds, Remi did just that and they both flowed with each other, got a taste of each other, got to feel each other's lips, explore each other's mouths. It was the best, and Marcelo couldn't get over how soft Remi's lips were.

By the time that the two backed away, Remi was panting, he was still flustered, and his eyes were wide with amazement. Why didn't anyone ever tell him that a kiss felt that good? Remi reached up and put the pads of his fingers on his lips. They were warm, still stimulated from when Marcelo kissed him not even a full minute ago. Remi smiled and looked up at Marcelo.

"My God, you're so adorable, Remi," Marcelo said and pulled Remi to his side. Remi was still in shock, but he was able to wrap his arm around Marcelo's midsection and look up at him. "And your lips are the softest thing ever," Marcelo craned his head and pecked Remi warmly, humming. "I will make it my task to kiss you at least one million times a day."