Leaving Paradise - CHAPTER 84

"Got everything packed?"

"Yep," Remi beamed, voice a bit hoarse. He was so excited to be leaving. He loved it here in Bora Bora, however. They'd have to bring Elio with them next time.

As Marcelo moved all of the suitcases and bags to the very front of the bungalow, Remi felt his phone buzzing in the pocket of his shorts. He pulled it out and glanced at the screen; it was Jaxon. Hmm. Remi clicked the ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛ button before he put his phone up to his ear.

The first thing that he heard was Elio crying.

"Hello?" Remi greeted urgently.

"Hey," Jaxon greeted back, his voice worried. Remi knew that whatever he was calling for was important when he didn't even stop to make fun of his hoarse voice.

"Is everything okay? What's wrong with Elio?"

"He misses you guys... a lot. He's been crying since he woke up in the middle of the night last night. Neither me nor Damon can get him to stop. We don't know what to do."

Remi's heart dropped. He was hoping that this wouldn't happen. He was a fool for doing so though because Elio has feelings too. Hearing Elio's cries ripped Remi's heart into pieces. He fiddled with his book necklace and tried his best not to tear up. "Let me speak to him."

"Of course, of course." Remi heard background noise and the phone being moved closer to Elio's cries. "Here he is, buddy. Talk to him."

Remi heard Elio trying to take deep breaths. He got choked up a few times before he was able to talk. "Ma-Mama?"

"It's me, Eli belly. Mama's here."

"I m-missoo, Mama," Elio hiccuped.

"I miss you more, baby."

"When you guy c-come ba-ack?"

"We're coming back today. We're about to leave right now, sweetheart."

"Reawwy?!" Elio exclaimed. Remi smiled upon hearing Elio's tone change drastically. He still sounded a bit sad, but it wasn't as bad.

"Yeah, really. Dada's moving all of our things out of our bungalow."

"Bungawow."

"Yeah, a bungalow. That's where we've been staying. Dada's trying to make sure that we got everything so that we aren't silly and leave anything behind."

Remi heard tiny giggles on the other side of the phone.

"Talk oo DuhDuh, Mama."

"Wanna talk to Dada?"

"Yah," Elio said excitedly. Remi turned around to see Marcelo behind him. He'd been listening the whole time. He watched as Remi wiped a few fallen tears off of his face before he held his phone out for him to grab. Marcelo grabbed the phone and wrapped an arm around Remi's shoulder comfortingly.

"Don't cry. We'll be home in no time, alright?" Remi nodded at this and took a deep breath. Marcelo put the phone up to his ear and waited to hear Elio's voice.

"DuhDuh?" Marcelo smiled being able to hear Elio's little voice after all this time.

"Hey, little one!"

"Hi, DuhDuh! I missoo."

"I've missed you too, man. Don't be upset though. We're gonna be home soon."

-----------------

The boat and plane rides back felt as if they dragged out for forever.

The whole time, Remi either slept or was nose deep in a book to keep himself distracted. He hoped that Elio calmed down knowing that he and Marcelo were on their way. And Marcelo, he himself was just as anxious to get back home. He just didn't show it that much. Despite this, he also had his nose deep into a book as well. A book that Remi recommended that he should read a few months before they got married.