So Proud - CHAPTER 99

"Cling, cling, cling. I would like to make a toast," Marcelo said as he was standing up, clinking his wine glass with his fork.

The gang all went quiet at the outdoor table of the restaurant that they were currently at, celebrating Remi's graduation.

"Thank you," Marcelo said gratefully. "I would like to make a toast to the one I love most. His life has been filled with ups and downs. A few of said ups and downs being caused by me which he knows that I will never, ever be able to apologize enough for. However, he never let those ups and downs overtake him or drag him down. He used them to his advantage to grow. And throughout all of it, he still manages to have the biggest heart I've seen in my life. He is the strongest person that I have ever met—aside from my mom, of course. Twelve kids... wowzah!"

Everyone laughed. Annalise blushed slightly as Archer hugged her into his side, kissing her head.

"But all jokes aside, not only is he the strongest person ever, but he's the sweetest. He gives me joy that I'd never experienced before I met him. Every single day, my cheeks hurt because of how much I smile with him. And knowing that this is just the beginning makes all of this even more wonderful. I am so, very proud of you, Teo. I can't wait to see what amazing things you accomplish."

Remi smiled up at Marcelo lovingly. "Thank you, Celo." Marcelo smiled back.

"And, I can't wait until our babies get here so that they can enjoy this life right along with Elio."

Marcelo ducked down and placed a soft kiss on Remi's lips. They both chuckled to each other and waited for everyone to catch on. Everyone was too busy cooing over Marcelo's toast to realize what he said. That is until Blaire thought about it.

"Wait a minute. Babies... get here." Then, Blaire sucked in a breath and looked at Remi and Marcelo. "He's pregnant! Remi's pregnant?!"

Marcelo nodded with a smile on his face. He pulled Remi up to a standing position next to him, and he cupped Remi's small belly bump that had been hidden.

Next, nothing was heard but squeals from all of Marcelo's sisters. They were so loud that Remi had to cover his ears.

"I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!" Aiko shouted.

"That's why he's been glowing!" Marcela clapped.

"Wait, wait," said Alvaro. "Babies. You said babies?"

"Yeah, we're having twins, Papá," Remi smiled and nodded.

Nothing but squeals once again.

"Oh my!"

"Now that's something to toast to!"

"Congratulations, guys!"

Everyone raised their wine glasses—even Remi who had sparkling water in his glass— and clinked them together.

"Cheers to Remi!" Marcelo said.

"CHEERS TO REMI!" everyone was happy to repeat before throwing their heads back. But before Marcelo and Remi drunk theirs, Marcelo moved his lips down to Remi's ear and whispered,

"Here's to us."

The best toast ever? I think so.

Everyone settled back down in their seats, still very much excited about the news, especially when Remi and Marcelo showed them Remi's ultrasound that was on his graduation cap. They couldn't believe Remi'd snuck it on there and no one noticed.

"Do you guys know any details like gender or anything like that?" Mrs. Callum asked.

"No, not yet. We've only had one appointment, and Remi's only 8 weeks," Marcelo answered.