Spruce It Up - CHAPTER 32

Pulling up to Marcelo's job, Remi parked next to the sidewalk that was in front of the path to the door. Today, he and Marcelo were going to the bowling alley which is random, but it was a Friday. Plus, the Reids have been trying to include Remi in a lot of family activities lately, so Remi doesn't complain.

But before the two could go to the bowling alley, Remi had to pick up Marcelo from work. Marcelo debated with Remi for nearly an hour about how he could just drive himself to work and drive back home to pick Remi up and then, they could go to the bowling alley. But Remi debated right back, figuring that it would just be easier to drop Marcelo off, come back when he gets off and then, they could just go straight to the bowling alley without any stops.

Therefore, that's what they did.

Remi quickly shot Marcelo a message that he'd arrived. Marcelo replied seconds later that he'd be out in a few seconds.

Leaning back against the seat, Remi sighed. He hadn't been throwing up as much lately. He'd only been throwing up at night time now which is weird, but it's better than constant nausea all day long.

But, despite having the advantage of not being nauseous 24/7, Remi still has the feeling inside of him that everything isn't okay which is normal since he's pregnant and in his first trimester. But good thing, he's in the middle of his third month of pregnancy, so his sickness should be calming down.

Looking down, Remi pulled his shirt up and glanced at his belly. He'd worn a pair of gray tennis shoes, black leggings, and a gray shirt that had a knot at the bottom that hung underneath his belly, hiding it. He still didn't want to tell anyone about the baby. He didn't know what it was, but he had this gut feeling telling him not to.

Remi rubbed his belly for a few seconds, soothing himself. Then, he heard the passenger door open. He looked up and saw Marcelo. He had on a gray shirt, black jeans, and gray tennis shoes on. Their outfits may or may not have been coordinated. Marcelo threw his briefcase into the backseat as well as his second bag that had his suit outfit in it. He'd changed his clothes before coming out.

Marcelo then hopped in and looked at Remi. "Hey, baby," he said before leaning in and kissing Remi softly. He then leaned back and smiled. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you," Remi smiled back before looking down at his belly. "You didn't say h-hi to this baby."

Marcelo threw his hands up to his head in an anxious way, joking. Then, he moved them down to Remi's belly, chuckling. "Sorry, little one. Dada forgot about you for a second."

Remi giggled again.

Sitting back, Marcelo buckled his seatbelt, giving Remi the cue that they needed to leave. Remi put the car's shift control in drive before he took off. But before he did so, he saw a woman with brown, curly hair and slightly dark skin standing behind the glass door looking at him. It was the same woman that he'd saw when he'd visited Marcelo at his job a few months ago.

Weird. He wondered who she was.

Brushing the woman off, Remi looked back forward, driving down the road. The two chatted softly.

"How was your day?" Marcelo questioned.

"Eh... the s-same as alw-ways. I'm just h-happy that the sickness is starting t-to subside."

"I am too. I hated seeing you sick all the time."

Remi smiled. The car ran smoothly over the roads of the city, soft music playing on the radio. Marcelo ended up moving his left hand back to Remi's belly, rubbing it in a way that soothed Remi.

"You're still so little."

"Yeah, b-beats your theory about twins."

"I know right. I love kids but thank God. My parents would actually die if we were having twins."