Not Being Cute. Just Being Me - CHAPTER 86

"Cheers to you, Lio, me, Lio, you, and a happy marriage!" Marcelo yelped, drunk. He and Remi were currently at the club for date night, and they've had a bunch of shots with more to go. Remi—just as drunk as Marcelo—clanked his shot glass with Marcelo's, giggling before they both threw back their shots. Remi winced upon feeling the shot slide down his throat.

"Hoooly shat. Celo... I think, I think you're f-flying," Remi slurred.

"Teo," Marcelo gasped, feigning surprise. "You said a baaad word. I'm gonna tell Lio."

"Did n-not. I said holy shattt, not shit," Remi giggled again and hiccuped, not realizing what he said. Apparently, Marcelo didn't either.

"Oh yeah, you did say shat, sorry."

"Yeah, told you," Remi sighed and rubbed at his eyes. The music was so loud in his ears that he could barely organize his thoughts. And the shots didn't help any. "I think... we're druuuunk."

With that, Remi slowly stood up from his and Marcelo's booth in the back.

"Where're you going, Teo?"

"To d-dance."

"We have more shots though."

"No mo-ore. Come on."

Remi grabbed Marcelo's hand and pulled him up and toward the dance floor. The music was way louder there. Remi could do nothing but dance, being too cloudy in the head to speak or think about his movements. His body swayed, his hips mainly. His tight leather skirt didn't hinder his movements at all. He closed his eyes—already getting a headache—and shielded his eyes from the blinding lights.

Thanks to his closed eyes, Remi didn't see whose hands were wrapping around his waist. Initially, he felt that it was Marcelo since only Marcelo would ever touch him like this. However, he could smell the guy behind him and smelled beer rolling off of him in waves.

He and Marcelo hadn't been drinking beer. They had heavy vodka shots.

Remi flinched at the loud smell and turned around, backing away from the guy. The guy smirked maliciously, dragging his eyes down Remi's body before licking his lips. Remi blinked, eyesight blurry. He looked to his left slowly before looking to his right.

Where did you go, Marcelo?

When Remi turned back forward to face the guy again, he was right in front of him now. Remi flinched away and went to call out for Marcelo when he felt two arms wrap around him again. But this time, he could smell Marcelo's cologne flood his senses, and he visibly relaxed.

"It's just me, princess," Marcelo whispered. "I got you."

Marcelo snarled at the guy who just smirked once more. Pulling Remi away, Marcelo tried the best that he could to navigate his way out of the club. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket and called for an Uber. Remi clung to him tightly, looking back and forth at the club door. One moment that he looked towards the door, no one was there. The next time he looked, the guy was walking out and coming towards him.

Remi hid his face in Marcelo's side. He heard the guy murmuring cat calls.

"What a pretty little one," he teased. "Come on, little one. Let me take you for a ride. I'm way better than him, I'm sure."

Remi gulped, scared. Marcelo couldn't hear the guy since he was on the phone, but Remi could hear him. Even when the guy whistled at Remi, Remi heard him loud and clear.

"C-Celo," Remi whimpered, looking up at Marcelo. Marcelo looked down at Remi and saw him looking up at him with teary, drunk eyes before he turned to look at the guy near the club. Marcelo followed his eyes and saw him too. He might've been drunk, but that didn't stop the blood from boiling underneath his skin.