Best Night Ever - CHAPTER 35

"Remember when you'd left your yellow raincoat at the cafe, and I brought it to you, and you'd thought that I stalked you."

"Yeah, I do. And I d-didn't think that. I was j-just a little skeptical."

The mood had lifted greatly from the earlier tense mood. The two were currently eating as they recalled memories from the earlier moments of their relationship. Although the mood was lifted, Remi still felt uneasy. He did the best to ignore the feeling. It was working for now, so he felt better about that.

"I could tell. You looked at me like where the hell did you come from?"

Remi chuckled and grabbed his water to take a sip. He soon regretted doing so when he felt a heavy pain in his lower stomach. "I'll be right back. I have to use the restroom." Marcelo nodded and watched Remi as he walked away to make sure that he got there safely.

Arriving at the restroom, Remi went into a stall and emptied his bladder quickly. He flushed the toilet and left the stall, going over to the sinks to wash his hands. As he was doing so, he heard a stall door open, and a woman walked out of it. It was the same woman that he kept seeing at Marcelo's job. The woman with the slightly dark skin and brown, curly hair.

"Hey! Aren't you Remi, Marcelo's boyfrien— Wait, I'm sorry. I'm Marcelo's coworker, Devyn."

"Oh. Uh... yeah, that's m-me."

Devyn half smiled as she washed her hands. Remi grabbed a few paper towels and dried his hands off. That's when he heard the sink turn off. Devyn was quiet for a while which made Remi turned back around and look at her. She was looking at him with this look. This... conniving look. This condescending bitch look.

"Hmm, it's such a coincidence to see you here. Is Marcelo here?"

Remi raised a brow but quickly lowered it. Why the hell did she need to know?

"Yeah, we're o-on a date."

"Hmm," Devyn hummed as she walked closer to Remi. She towered over him and looked down at him with a smirk. Remi felt intimidated and wrapped his arms around his belly, praying that she didn't see it. "Well, tell him that I said hi. And... good luck to you."

With that, Devyn was gone. There was no way that Remi was gonna tell Marcelo that Devyn said hi. And what did she mean by good luck? Remi had covered up his belly, so she surely wasn't talking about his pregnancy. What in the world is going on? Why is everyone acting so weird? Remi didn't know.

He walked out of the restroom and went back to his seat. He saw Marcelo typing on his phone which got put down once Remi slid back into the booth. And with that, Remi's uneasy expression was back. He was deep in thought with his eyebrows scrunched and his face twisted up. That was the first thing that Marcelo noticed.

"Everything okay?"

"Y-Yeah, everything's fine."

—————

"Hey, look, Teo. I'm sorry that our date night got messed up. It was never my intention to make you feel uncomfortable like you were."

"It's f-fine. I feel better now. I guess it was just the v-vibe of the restaurant."

Marcelo put his lips back together and looked down with a nod. He walked up to the front door of the house and unlocked it with his keys. Pushing the door open, he stood to the side to let Remi go in first. Remi did so and exhaled in relief. The comforting feeling of the house was the best. But, he looked back and still saw a frown on Marcelo's face. He stood in front of him and put his hands on either side of Marcelo's face.

"I promise it's okay, Celo. I'm g-gonna be okay. You don't have t-to worry about me. Everything's fine."

The sides of Marcelo's lips tugged up into a small smile and he nodded. "Okay." Looking into Remi's warm brown eyes, Marcelo could feel his soft breaths on his lips. He looked down at Remi's lips before looking back up to Remi's eyes and back to his lips once again. Then, their lips were smashing against each other's.