Nothing's 𝘞𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 - CHAPTER 75

Remi, Marcelo, and Elio were all sitting on the couch cuddled up as they watched a movie when the doorbell rang. Marcelo untangled himself from Remi and Elio before he stood up and walked out of the living room and to the front door.

Upon opening the door, Marcelo saw Jaxon standing there looking excited. "Where's Remi?"

"Living room."

Without even saying hello, Jaxon speed walked to the living room. He said a quick hello, little red to Elio before he snatched Remi up and dragged him out of the living room.

"Jaxon, what are you doing?" Remi protested as Jaxon carried him towards the front door. All that Marcelo saw as he stood at the front door was Remi being carried out and Elio running after them as he called out for Remi. "Jaxon, put me down."

"We have important things to do."

"Can it wait for an explanation for Pete's sake?"

"Nope. We're almost late."

In the midst of his kicking and punching, Remi looked up at Marcelo. Marcelo stood there with wide eyes, totally confused as to what was happening. Then, the front door shut and Remi and Jaxon were gone.

"Mama?" Elio called out sadly with a pouty puppy face and watery eyes.

Marcelo scooped him up and patted his back, now having a slight idea of what was happening. "It's okay, buddy. Uncle Jax had to take him to do something important."

"He be back?"

"He'll be back," Marcelo nodded.

Meanwhile, in Jaxon's car.

"Jaxon, I swear I'm gonna kill you. We could've at least taken Elio with us."

"No time. Car seats take too long to put in."

"Where are we even going?"

"We're going to a bridal shop, silly. Your dress is ready."

Suddenly, Remi gasped before going completely silent. He'd forgotten all about his bridal dress. He'd been so excited that everything for his and Marcelo's wedding was falling into place perfectly—thanks to Jaxon—that it slipped his mind.

"It's ready?"

"It's ready," Jaxon assured. "And you get to try it on. You're gonna love it, I know you will."

"Okay," Remi said as he took a deep breath, not upset at Jaxon anymore. He sat back in his seat and grabbed his seatbelt, putting it on as the car ran swiftly across the roads of the city.

The bridal shop wasn't too far away, so the car ride was fairly quick.

Remi climbed out of the car and quickly ran around to the other side. He grabbed Jaxon by the arm and pulled him along as he ran to the entrance of the shop. "Look who's excited now," Jaxon said with raised eyebrows.

The bell on the door rang joyfully as the two walked in. Chitter chatter that belonged to the voices of women and a few men were heard here and there. Jaxon led Remi to the back, and the first person that Remi saw was Mrs. Callum near one of the mini stages that was in front of a mirror near a dressing.

"Ma, hi!" Remi greeted as he ran up to Mrs. Callum and hugged her. "I didn't know that you were gonna be here."

"Of course I am, dear. I couldn't miss this."

Smiling, Remi stood back and looked around. His eye caught sight of a white garment bag hanging up on the hook above the dressing room. Remi pointed to it and looked at Jaxon. "Is that it?"