Soft Spots - CHAPTER 12

Marcelo bit Remi's lip before sticking his tongue back into Remi's mouth, turning his head to get more of Remi. Their tongues swirled together and mingled as the two relished in the feeling of being with each other. Remi felt a wave of heat fly through him, but he ignored it and focused on Marcelo.

The bell on the door of the café sounded, reminding Marcelo that he had to get to work. He slowly began walking backwards to try to separate himself from Remi, but Remi followed him and kept their lips connected. Marcelo wasn't complaining, but he didn't want to be late. He chuckled into the kiss and put his hand on the sides of Remi's face. "Wait, baby, wait. We... we gotta get inside. I don't want to be late."

"O-Oh, sorry. I um—I got carried a-away."

"No, me too. We can finish this at my place tonight. How about that?"

Remi nodded, smiling. Marcelo grabbed his hand and together, they walked into the café. Today was Remi's day off at the library. He chose to hang out with Marcelo. Marcelo'd told Remi that he had to work so he ended up asking his parents if Remi could work in the kitchen with him for the day. Of course, his parents agreed since the whole Reid family knows that Remi and Marcelo are together. 

Once the door opened, Marcelo immediately saw his family standing behind the counter looking at him and Remi with faces of horror, surprise, awe, shock, etc.

"Why were you two just eating each other's faces off in the parking lot?" Axle, the brother underneath Blaise asked with a face of shock and horror.

"Because last time I checked, this is my boyfriend, and I can do whatever I want with him," Marcelo said smugly.

"Yeah, leave them alone. They're cute!" Grey, Marcelo's youngest sister exclaimed.

"Why, thank you, G." Marcelo looked at Remi before looking back at his family. "Remi, I know that all of my siblings know you, but you probably don't know them. I'll introduce them all in order so it'll be easier to remember."

Marcelo made his family get in order from oldest to youngest so that he could name them.

"Alright, of course, that's my mom and dad: Archer and Annalise. You know Blaire. Next to Blaire is my sister Marcela, my brother Blaise, the twins Axle and Ace, my sister Aiko, my sister Ainsley, my brother Ames, my sister Amelie, my sister Grey, and my brother Jace."

Remi let out a breath, signaling that he was overwhelmed.

"It's alright, Remi. You'll learn all of their names sooner or later."

Remi nodded, taking another breath.

"Anyway, is everyone ready to open up shop?"

Asynchronous whoops and yeah's sounded from each of the siblings. Remi felt happy to see that the family was so enthusiastic about their business. Of course that probably had something to do with the money factor but either way, they were enthusiastic.

Everyone walked into the kitchen and began washing their hands, putting on gloves, hair nets, aprons, etc. Marcelo walked up to Remi and made him turn around so that he could put his apron on. Remi did so, feeling Marcelo's breath on his neck. As Marcelo tied a knot with the strings of the apron, he leaned forward and placed a soft kiss of appreciation on Remi's nape. "You're a cute little baker," he whispered. Remi smacked his chest lightly and smiled at his teasings. He stood up on his tippy toes and pecked Marcelo one more time before the shift then began and everyone got to work.

The first thing that Remi and Marcelo had to do was begin making the cakes. Marcelo collected the ingredients and put them all by the big mixer in the back that was nearly the size of the entire counter that it sat on. Remi's eyes went wide as he looked at it. "W-Why is it so big?"

That's what he said.

"Well," Marcelo started as he began pouring ingredients into the mixer. "People love our cakes, so we have to make a lot at once. Therefore, we use this to be able to make a lot of mix. Then, we use our massive oven to be able to bake a lot of cakes at once."

"Oh, that's... wow."

"Yeah. Come here."

Remi moved closer to Marcelo, making Marcelo pull Remi to stand in front of him. He grabbed Remi's hands and placed them on the sides of the mixing bowl, leaving his hands on top of Remi's. Remi felt the warmth of Marcelo flowing through him, giving him chills. Marcelo smirked, feeling Remi shudder against him.

"Spin the bowl carefully underneath the mixers." Remi obeyed, using his hands to spin the mixing bowl around as the mixers beat and stirred the cake batter.

Remi tried his best to focus on the batter mixing, but he couldn't when Marcelo was in such close proximity to him, whispering sweet words into his ear: You're doing good, You're so good at this, So good. Such words wouldn't have been an issue if Remi didn't have a bit of a praise kink. Remi took a quiet deep breath and forced himself not to get turned on at the simple words. His heart hammered in his chest, so he closed his eyes for a second before opening them.

"Are you alright?" Marcelo whispered, running his nose up the column of Remi's neck, landing at his ear. Remi nodded and continued spinning the mixing bowl. "Are you sure? Your hands are shaking." Marcelo squeezed Remi's hands gently. "I'm not making you nervous, am I?"

Remi let out a shaky breath and shook his head, no.

"Really? So you wouldn't mind if I do this," Marcelo moved both of his feet forward and moved to stand closer to Remi. He then craned his neck and put his nose back on Remi's neck, sliding it up and down, sending chills down Remi's spine. But what really did some damage was when he stuck his tongue out and licked at the spot behind Remi's ear, making Remi moan softly.

Remi's eyes bulged and he slapped one hand over his mouth and the other over his neck/ear where Marcelo'd touched him as all of the eyes in the café kitchen were suddenly on him and Marcelo.

"What the hell was that?" Axle asked out of shock.

"Yeah, what was that?" Blaise added. Marcelo made a face of confusion.

"What? I didn't hear anything." he said to help Remi feel less embarrassed. Everyone raised a brow at the couple in suspicion. "What? I didn't hear anything. Did you hear anything?" Marcelo asked, looking down at Remi. Remi caught on and shook his head, no, making Marcelo look back up at the family. Everyone shrugged before getting back to work.

Marcelo looked back down at Remi's flustered face, smirking. He bent back down towards Remi's ear. "You have a soft spot behind your ear? I wonder where else you have them. Maybe tonight, I'll find out."

Remi squeaked out of nervousness. And also a bit of anticipation, excitement.